In the final regular season AP top 25 poll we played 6 of those teams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

In the final regular season AP top 25 poll we played 6 of those teams

People can frame it anyway they want but would rather be BC at 6-6 than 4-8 like us. They scheduled like a bottom dwelling ACC team we did not.

Both programs stink right now, one can sell a bowl game, one can't. I am not one that cares about 15 practices either. Theses kids live and breather the game in season, out of season, 15 practices, IMO don't make a SHITE bit of difference

People can frame it anyway they want but would rather be BC at 6-6 than 4-8 like us. They scheduled like a bottom dwelling ACC team we did not.

Both programs stink right now, one can sell a bowl game, one can't. I am not one that cares about 15 practices either. Theses kids live and breather the game in season, out of season, 15 practices, IMO don't make a SHITE bit of difference
I disagree with your last statement. You get better by practice. And 15 more against zero is a big deal.

Agree 100%, we were curb stomped by every legit team other than the VT win. Also, I think the offense has great potential but if you look at the TD's scored this year versus last year, it's not really all that different. Lots of yards,potential I get it and I believe we will score more points next year for sure but you have to look at this year for what it was and we are gutting this thing and starting over. Like I said, Dino was nothing better than mediocre overall this first year and if he goes 4-8 next year, year 3 may be make or break for him because yet again people will be calling for his head if he doesn't make a bowl year 3... wash, rinse, repeat. World we live in, I guess but this is probably a 4 year process, when this years class are seniors, only then can we truly decide if Dino will be successful I can see year 3 but certainly not first 2 years

I wouldn't say ND and Pitt curb stomped us. Losing by 2 TDs in a game where we scored like 9 of them is actually competitive. ND was a close game for awhile, before they pulled away a bit.

Ugh, I was worried you were going to say that.

My exact words in that thread (post #48): "Which is why the formula of 1 FCS + 2 winnable FBS games + 1 big time showcase game is perfect every year."

That is exactly what we did this year, and is exactly what we're doing next year. So how does mean I want a "tougher" schedule? I want the status quo.

It got tougher when we joined the ACC. We should have adjusted then.

Our schedule was too tough for the talent we currently have.

Nonsense.

What happened to the joy of playing "competitve" teams in "exciting new venues"?

Or how about the "value" of seasons tickets in watching "competitve" teams in the Dome?

Oh and don't forget the "spotlight" of playing "showcase" games against "competitve" teams on "national" television. It's grrrrrrreat for branding.

Nonsense.

What happened to the joy of playing "competitve" teams in "exciting new venues"?

Or how about the "value" of seasons tickets in watching "competitve" teams in the Dome?

Oh and don't forget the "spotlight" of playing "showcase" games against "competitve" teams on "national" television. It's grrrrrrreat for branding.
If you think we have the roster to win 6 games with our current roster your not being realistic. We need to get multiple recruiting classes to compete. We are short on playmakers. Our top playmaker was a 5th year transfer Dino
Brought in.

If you think we have the roster to win 6 games with our current roster your not being realistic. We need to get multiple recruiting classes to compete. We are short on playmakers. Our top playmaker was a 5th year transfer Dino
Brought in.

Please picture my head nodding with every word.

Sarcasm font must have been disabled.

My bad.
All good.

The arguments that support our current scheduling drive me crazy. Especially the tendency to paint in extremes. I think we're all in agreement that no one wants to see four cupcakes in the OOC schedule. Take away the tails (i.e. the cupcakes and the top 20) and you've got 50 to 75 decent teams that we can compete with. I don't get the appeal of playing the elites. To me those games are like watching executions with a week-long lead up. It makes me hate the disparity in college football (but I get how if your team is the one swinging the hammer it's awesome).

All good.

The arguments that support our current scheduling drive me crazy. Especially the tendency to paint in extremes. I think we're all in agreement that no one wants to see four cupcakes in the OOC schedule. Take away the tails (i.e. the cupcakes and the top 20) and you've got 50 to 75 decent teams that we can compete with. I don't get the appeal of playing the elites. To me those games are like watching executions with a week-long lead up. It makes me hate the disparity in college football (but I get how if your team is the one swinging the hammer it's awesome).
Considering we have Florida State and Clemson on the schedule as well. We don't need to play elite teams in the non conference. We should play 1 P5 team but not an elite one until we are a consistent 8 win team.

I disagree with your last statement. You get better by practice. And 15 more against zero is a big deal.
It is a big deal for the freshman and sophomores that don't play much to get extra reps. Even the young offensive line at this point can use them all. More time with the coaches can only help.

Apparently scheduling up hasn't helped season ticket sales...I was on the 3/1 OOC bandwagon. (3 dregs and 1 national elite)

Screw that for now...feed me 1 FCS, 2 G5s and 1 dreg P5 like Rutgers

Next year should be Ruttie, MTSU, CMU and either Central CT or SUC-Storrs

Looking forward to playing CMU...we have some payback on that putz.

Apparently scheduling up hasn't helped season ticket sales...I was on the 3/1 OOC bandwagon. (3 dregs and 1 national elite)

Screw that for now...feed me 1 FCS, 2 G5s and 1 dreg P5 like Rutgers

Next year should be Ruttie, MTSU, CMU and either Central CT or SUC-Storrs

100% agree. There are some on this board who want us to play teams in the top 10 for OOC. Crazy. I want to be relevant. Wins make us relevant. I want to be 5-0 going into early October and be talked about again on ESPN. Not 2-3 and being the year-end highlights for some other team.

100% agree. There are some on this board who want us to play teams in the top 10 for OOC. Crazy. I want to be relevant. Wins make us relevant. I want to be 5-0 going into early October and be talked about again on ESPN. Not 2-3 and being the year-end highlights for some other team.

It would be a lot more fun playing #1 FSU if we were 6-0. The Dome would be nuts. NUTS

The answer is in the middle. BC can't schedule 4 teams like that anymore (UMass, UConn, Wagner, Buffalo). They'll need one Power 5 team in there.

From our side, scheduling the Power 5 team isn't the problem, but instead of scheduling LSU and Wisconsin, we need to be scheduling Rutgers or Maryland (they're coming up), or Indiana or Purdue (not the 2004 Purdue).

The 15 practices would be better than not having them, but at the end of the day, that's not going to make or break us.

I'm drawing a blank, have we lost to them recently? I know we beat them the past couple years.

The answer is in the middle. BC can't schedule 4 teams like that anymore (UMass, UConn, Wagner, Buffalo). They'll need one Power 5 team in there.

From our side, scheduling the Power 5 team isn't the problem, but instead of scheduling LSU and Wisconsin, we need to be scheduling Rutgers or Maryland (they're coming up), or Indiana or Purdue (not the 2004 Purdue).

The 15 practices would be better than not having them, but at the end of the day, that's not going to make or break us.
right and the longer we wait the more the middling teams will be gobbled up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom