Indiana Jones 5 announced | Syracusefan.com

Indiana Jones 5 announced

moqui

generational talent
no word on whether or not Harrison Ford will reprise his role, but I think it's a good bet that the franchise will be re-booted with a younger star.

So, who should get the nod as the new Indy? Early rumors mention Bradley Cooper & Robert Pattison. I am sure every leading man under the age of 40 will be mentioned - Gosling, Tatum, Gyllenhall, etc.

My favorite would be Chris Pratt, who is the right age and has both the presence and the sense of humor the role requires. Sure, he is going to be busy with what looks like a Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, but Harrison Ford was able to alternated between Indy and Han Solo.

no word on whether or not Harrison Ford will reprise his role, but I think it's a good bet that the franchise will be re-booted with a younger star.

So, who should get the nod as the new Indy? Early rumors mention Bradley Cooper & Robert Pattison. I am sure every leading man under the age of 40 will be mentioned - Gosling, Tatum, Gyllenhall, etc.

My favorite would be Chris Pratt, who is the right age and has both the presence and the sense of humor the role requires. Sure, he is going to be busy with what looks like a Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, but Harrison Ford was able to alternated between Indy and Han Solo.

As long as it's not Shia La Booof, I'm cool.

Whoever it is has to be able to sell the serious professor part of the role as well. Not sure Pratt can do that. If it's Pattinson, I will swear off the franchise forever. Cooper could be a good one, but they may go for an unknown. Remember, Ford only got the role because Selleck couldn't get around his Magnum PI responsibilities to do it. Thank heavens for that! Ford was a known commodity at the time only because of Star Wars and Empire. Before that it was Force 10 From Navarone and bit roles.

Whoever it is has to be able to sell the serious professor part of the role as well.

you make a good point, but the "serious professor" stuff was more told than shown, when you look back at them.

Anyone can put on a tweed jacket & a pair of glasses and stand in front of a class for a few seconds, which is all they really did to establish Indy's bona fides as a scholar.

Let's get weird with Indiana and go with Tatiana Maslany or Steven Yuen.

Actually, now that I've thought about this, a bold choice would be Zac Efron.

Actually, now that I've thought about this, a bold choice would be Zac Efron.
I thought of that myself, but he has to be a mid-career academic, and ZE is too young.

I might have voted for Tim Olyphant, but he's a tad too old

As long as it's not Shia La Booof, I'm cool.

Whoever it is has to be able to sell the serious professor part of the role as well. Not sure Pratt can do that. If it's Pattinson, I will swear off the franchise forever. Cooper could be a good one, but they may go for an unknown. Remember, Ford only got the role because Selleck couldn't get around his Magnum PI responsibilities to do it. Thank heavens for that! Ford was a known commodity at the time only because of Star Wars and Empire. Before that it was Force 10 From Navarone and bit roles.
American Graffiti!
large_american_grafitti_blu-ray_subs.jpg

I still use that line now and again. :noidea:

I would love for them to find an 'unknown' for the part, but I think B Cooper could handle it. Pattinson - uhh no. I think Pratt has the snarkiness down pat, but might not have the gravitas for the part when it's needed.

Edit: I just reread this and it hit me I was talking about gravitas in relation to the 5th Indiana Jones movie. :bang:

Self-imposed 1 hour posting ban.

How about Stifler ? What his name? Sean William Scott ? I think he'd be great.

or that kid in fantatic four - Evans?

Efron wouldn't be a bad choice but he might be to GQ.

If they went older maybe Russel Crowe?

Personally, I'd like to see a non- A lister and a more blue collar type. Not necessarily an unknown but someone on the down low.

Last edited:
let's not get trapped in the web of caucasian patriarchy. Cast transgressively!

Laverne Cox
laverne-cox-still-from-oitnb-e49d580756fe0bb2836d4486835a2d940f8f90d61.jpg

if they are willing to go with an older Indy, fighting early Cold War commies rather than Nazis, then Steve Carell would be perfect

Indiana Jones, the world’s most famous archeologist, is back for his next adventure.

Kathleen Kennedy, the president of Lucasfilm, debuted the first teaser footage for the new, still-untitled film during the studio’s presentation at Disney’s D23 Expo on Saturday.

Though the video showed to the crowd has not been released to the public, the footage showed Indiana Jones meeting up with his old friend Sallah and had many great action sequences, including one that had star Harrison Ford riding a horse through New York City and onto the subway tracks.

There were also a few glimpses of what looked like a younger, de-aged Ford.

The film, which has Ford reprise the role of Dr. Jones more than 40 years after he first donned the hat in 1981’s “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” hits theaters June 30, 2023.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom