Inflammatory Comment from UNC Head Coach... | Syracusefan.com

Inflammatory Comment from UNC Head Coach...

wvlax

2nd String
He said the 5 thru 8 seeded teams are better than the 1 thru 4.

I don't know about all that, but based on what I have seen SU, UNC and Denver are the three best teams right now. Glad we only have to beat one to get the ring.

And Tierney will coach circles around Breshci next week. No one does less with more talent than UNC, 20 years since their last final four. And they have probably had the #1 recruiting class 8-10 of those 20 years.

Basically all he is saying is that North Carolina, Maryland, and Duke are better than Syracuse, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Denver. I actually think the top 3 teams are Syracuse, North Carolina, and Maryland so I don't see it as that outrageous. He should say Syracuse is in the ACC's teams caliber, but doesn't say it. We are a good team, but honestly this tournament is wide open. I thought the top 8 teams were all seeded correctly except Cornell should have been the 8 seed over Penn State. I think if SU wins tomorrow they will be thankful they will be playing a scrappy Yale team over Cornell, but we have struggled against the okay teams Villanova, Hobart, Albany and played well against the historic good teams.

I don't think Notre Dame, Ohio State, or Denver are that great to be honest. Syracuse has absolutely humbled Notre Dame two times in 5 days and Detroit showed Notre Dame isn't anything special. Quint did an article last Thursday talking about all the teams that he thought could win the NC and he listed 11 teams and he didn't include Ohio State. I don't see Ohio State as scary and honestly the winner of Maryland/Cornell should be/will be favored in my opinion against Ohio State. Denver has been solid, but they don't exactly scare you, and I think North Carolina will beat them next week.

I think the Final Four in 2 weeks will be Syracuse-North Carolina, and Duke-Maryland/Cornell.

I have seen Denver play 3x this year and they should scare most teams. The have just as much, if not more offensive firepower than anyone still playing. Berg and Flint are virtually unguardable at times, not to mention Noble is getting healthier every week. Carraro is a top flight face off man with offensive skills to start a fastbreak on every draw. Add in two strong goalies and you have a team that can win the title. Oh yeah, they have the best coach in the game on the sideline too, he helps a little.

Maryland has been struggling lately. Their game in the ACC semi against UVa was tough to watch. I really do not see them making seemingly regular run to second place this year. They lose today against Cornell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom