Inspired...heading to NYC on a whim | Syracusefan.com

Inspired...heading to NYC on a whim

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
I was inspired by my beloved Orange today. Watching the win today with James back home shooting lights out & he & Triche finally playing with a sense of urgency was awesome but, one moment stood out...

With 28 seconds left, MCW hit the front end of a 1&1 to put us up 59-57 & Pitt called a timeout. JB gave the troops the standard schpeel and they broke the huddle with the usual semi-enthusiastic " team on three" arm raise & break. But then, before the players returned to the court, MCW called the other 4 into another huddle where they each instinctively locked their arms around each others' shoulders to form a circle. ESPN mic's partially picked up the audio & you could hear MCW say "I'm gonna hit this" & then Triche say "one fu**ing stop baby". MCW would hit the FT & then come up with the big steal to seal it. The team seems to have come together at just the right time & everybody understands & is executing their roles.

All I wanted was 1 last chance at the Hoyas. After seemingly hearing the stories from my father since I was in the crib...JT...Manley...Ewing...Graham's punch...Pearl ect., I just couldn't bare to see the rivalry end with that debacle in DC. At 10:30pm tonight, my best friend & I decided that we need to be there for the 'Cuse's "final BET/G'Town curtain". We're each 24, born & raised in Whitesboro, NY (just outside Utica) & have never even been to NYC, let alone MSG. Just purchased 2 tickets, dead center court Section 224 Row 5 for $400/each, both semifinal games. Leaving at noon & staying with a friend just off Broadway.

Let's end this rivalry properly, lock Hopkins in The Dome & beat the hell out of them Saturday afternoon, & then end this tourney properly with our guys hoisting the trophy & boycotting any interview with that tool shed Katz...LET'S GO ORANGE!!!!!

Thank you. 2 questions: Any suggestions on a good bar to celebrate post-game &/or watch the lax game Saturday, I'd like to be amongst fellow 'Cuse fans. Also, any idea what time gates open at MSG, 6pm? I'm researching but would appreciate any input, thanks.

Thank you. 2 questions: Any suggestions on a good bar to celebrate post-game &/or watch the lax game Saturday, I'd like to be amongst fellow 'Cuse fans. Also, any idea what time gates open at MSG, 6pm? I'm researching but would appreciate any input, thanks.
To get the entire BET/Syracuse/NYC experience, you should just stick around the bars around MSG. The Blarney Rock is the unofficial official MSG hang out. Directly next to it are two other bars that will also be packed with Orange tomorrow/Saturday.

As for gates, I think they would open up at 5:30 or 6 at the latest.

Have fun.

Good for you.

If you are driving, leave as early as possible. Traffic in Manhattan is going to be murder after 2-3PM tomorrow. Last year, I made the boneheaded decision to drive to the Garden from Queens (probably a normal 30-45 minute trek) for the Friday night games and it took me almost 2 hours. Luckily, I had given us enough time to just beat tipoff. Drive to a metro north station, like Stamford or New Rochelle, park and take the train down. Do not drive in Manhattan in the afternoon/evening tomorrow...

Thanks. We plan on parking & taking a train. This Blarney Rock Pub sounds like a special place, everyone I've talked to has suggested it & their burgers are apparently an MSG right-of-passage.

It's the SU go-to bar. It's a hole in the wall, but not in a bad way. Whichever bar you choose to go to in the area of MSG is going to be packed with SU fans. Blarney or Stout, or whatever the other bars on the block are called, will certainly be orange colored.

Thanks. We plan on parking & taking a train. This Blarney Rock Pub sounds like a special place, everyone I've talked to has suggested it & their burgers are apparently an MSG right-of-passage.

It won't be popular here, but Blarney is a charmless dive. I personally have never got the obsession (and I have no problems with dive bars). My suggestion would be to go for one to say you went and then walk next door to Stout (or Feile -- one more bar down). I believe the SU alumni club is having a pre-game party in the bottom level of Stout. No matter where you end up going though (Stout, Blarney, or Feile), you will see how much we dominate this tourney fan wise. Orange EVERYWHERE. And all 3 of those bars will be JAM PACKED a couple of hours before the game so be prepared.

Enjoy the day. Props for biting the bullet and going on a whim. You'll be glad you did. Not many scenes in sports better than Semifinal Friday at the BET.

(By the way, all 3 of these bars are on the same side of the street on 33rd street between 6th and 7th avenues)

Good for you.

If you are driving, leave as early as possible. Traffic in Manhattan is going to be murder after 2-3PM tomorrow. Last year, I made the boneheaded decision to drive to the Garden from Queens (probably a normal 30-45 minute trek) for the Friday night games and it took me almost 2 hours. Luckily, I had given us enough time to just beat tipoff. Drive to a metro north station, like Stamford or New Rochelle, park and take the train down. Do not drive in Manhattan in the afternoon/evening tomorrow...
I love the spur of the moment decision. You won't regret it. I am a current Queens resident---To respond to JasonCuse, I agree about the traffic/parking. That being said, if you decide to drive in, there is a lot on 42nd Street and 10th Ave that is not quite as expensive as the others, and usually has a bunch of open spots. It is a quick left off of the West Side Highway on 42nd Street.

Get to the Rock early if you plan on eating. I have walked up to that bar and couldn't even get in on a big SU Night let along get something to eat. MSG is magic for SU. You will love it!!!! Great Choice

I was inspired by my beloved Orange today. Watching the win today with James back home shooting lights out & he & Triche finally playing with a sense of urgency was awesome but, one moment stood out...

With 28 seconds left, MCW hit the front end of a 1&1 to put us up 59-57 & Pitt called a timeout. JB gave the troops the standard schpeel and they broke the huddle with the usual semi-enthusiastic " team on three" arm raise & break. But then, before the players returned to the court, MCW called the other 4 into another huddle where they each instinctively locked their arms around each others' shoulders to form a circle. ESPN mic's partially picked up the audio & you could hear MCW say "I'm gonna hit this" & then Triche say "one fu**ing stop baby". MCW would hit the FT & then come up with the big steal to seal it. The team seems to have come together at just the right time & everybody understands & is executing their roles.

All I wanted was 1 last chance at the Hoyas. After seemingly hearing the stories from my father since I was in the crib...JT...Manley...Ewing...Graham's punch...Pearl ect., I just couldn't bare to see the rivalry end with that debacle in DC. At 10:30pm tonight, my best friend & I decided that we need to be there for the 'Cuse's "final BET/G'Town curtain". We're each 24, born & raised in Whitesboro, NY (just outside Utica) & have never even been to NYC, let alone MSG. Just purchased 2 tickets, dead center court Section 224 Row 5 for $400/each, both semifinal games. Leaving at noon & staying with a friend just off Broadway.

Let's end this rivalry properly, lock Hopkins in The Dome & beat the hell out of them Saturday afternoon, & then end this tourney properly with our guys hoisting the trophy & boycotting any interview with that tool shed Katz...LET'S GO ORANGE!!!!!
Now where the heckfire is that "love" button when you need it?
Ah, don't worry. I'll find it.

This guy approves of your 2 tickets
3_808_1_eddiemoney-web%20copy.jpg

Expensive tickets, but that's some good stuff.

I too was encouraged by some moments of 'teamness' witnessed yesterday.

The second half slump concerns me, though. What happens when they check Southy from the whistle? Well see.

A final of Pitino v Boeheim would be orgasmic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom