Interesting comments by Swarbrick on Maryland | Syracusefan.com

Interesting comments by Swarbrick on Maryland

liljoe

Scout Team
In an interview with the Chicago Tribune, made a connection to this move by the Big Ten and Fox recently purchasing YES. Also said this talk has been around for a while, which leads me to believe more was known about Maryland when they voted on the large exit fee...

In an interview with the Chicago Tribune, made a connection to this move by the Big Ten and Fox recently purchasing YES. Also said this talk has been around for a while, which leads me to believe more was known about Maryland when they voted on the large exit fee...

This tells me that the "idle talk" of the ACC looking at PSU also has a strong bit of truth to it. I think it's clear now that the ND move shook the BiG to its core, and they are doing what they can to stay one notch above the ACC... although I fail to see the additions of mediocre programs like RU and MD as adding legitimacy to the BiG. It screams desperate measures. In reality, the BiG Ten Network is the only thing that is keeping the conference in the race. Without that, they offer nothing to prospective schools. Their BBall has been blah for a loooong time, and their only bright spot in football has been a perennial cheater in Columbus. Their brand is blah and boring.

Damn it, I hope Swofford can deliver a haymaker to their collective chins.

ESPN and Texas can't get LHN off the ground, but Notre Dame, and Texas have had discussions. ACC also was believed to have talked to Texas and Oklahoma. Those 4 schools don't belong in the Pac 12 , but would be a nice fit in the ACC. Maybe not on the Atlantic but Oklahoma connected to Texas which is on the Gulf. I'm sure that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St could find a way to break or negotiate out of the GOR.

Conference realignment has become a chessmatch. With Notre Dame going to the ACC, there are no more relevant "free agents" available for the taking.

For conferences to expand, they need to begin to cannibalize one another. Do we end up with a 4x16 model?