interesting cooney stat | Syracusefan.com

interesting cooney stat

Millhouse

Living Legend
Against Big East and ACC teams, cooney has made 114 threes on 394 attempts (29%) 68 games

Against every other conference, cooney has made 115 threes on 293 attempts (39%) 52 games

Pretty amazing split. He's made the same number of threes against non ACC/BE teams on a hundred fewer shots.

Last edited:
Against Big East and ACC teams, cooney has made 115 threes on 293 attempts (29%) 68 games

Against every other conference, cooney has made 114 threes on 394 attempts (39%) 52 games

Pretty amazing split. He's made the same number of threes against non ACC/BE teams on a hundred fewer shots.

So February last year determines what happens in January of this year.

You of all people are smarter than that.

7-19>5-24.

So February last year determines what happens in January of this year.

You of all people are smarter than that.

7-19>5-24.
predict whatever you want. those numbers are facts that have happened.

predict whatever you want. those numbers are facts that have happened.

Why do we need another thread? This is just ridiculous. We are 0-3 and it's Cooney's fault apparently. Ridiculous. I agree with you on a lot of things, but this is one of the least intelligent posts you have ever made. Why bring up previous years in 2016? I think you're just trying to get a reaction out of people.

We are 0-3 and it's Cooney's fault apparently. Ridiculous. I agree with you on a lot of things, but this is one of the least intelligent posts you have ever made. Why bring up previous years in 2016? I think you're just trying to get a reaction out of people.
That's not what he's saying at all. Other people make these observations in to things that they aren't.

Why do we need another thread? This is just ridiculous. We are 0-3 and it's Cooney's fault apparently. Ridiculous. I agree with you on a lot of things, but this is one of the least intelligent posts you have ever made. Why bring up previous years in 2016? I think you're just trying to get a reaction out of people.
i'm not sorry numbers offend you so. if i thought it was all cooney's fault i would say so. i don't. get a grip.

i'm not sorry numbers offend you so. if i thought it was all cooney's fault i would say so. i don't. get a grip.

Nah, I'm far from offended. Ask Alsacs, we have been debating all morning about this without throwing haymakers, but apparently i did offend you.

Something seems a bit off with the math. Should the percentages be swapped or the attempts? Probably the attempts, based on number of games.

Something seems a bit off with the math. Should the percentages be swapped or the attempts? Probably the attempts, based on number of games.
thank you. i did swap them. i'll fix

I'm sure the OP hopes Cooney shoots 29% in league play again, rather than 39% and we win.

SU fan base logic :crazy:.

22nd over a 20 year period. Not bad. No wonder opposing coaches focus on him.

The minimums are also pretty high, how many guys have even made 200 3's? dude does play a ton of minutes, and some of that is absolutely to his credit.
The other way to look at it is of all the guys who have made thata many shots in the ACC, he has the worst % of any of them.

more mind reading posts

Yup. You're pretty intelligent. I agree with you on a lot of things, but the timing of this is incredible, especially when he's at 39% in the ACC for THIS SEASON. We have a 9 page thread on Cooney. You start your own thread.

Why is that? Lets bring up February and March of previous years when they haven't even happened yet. You've started this same topic before at least 6 times this year.

You can call me president of the Cooney fan club, IDC, it won't offend me, but apparently I offend people when I say their brain has gone to mush analyzing said player.

he's shot 41% from three against the Pac 12, Big 12, Big Ten, SEC (13 games, 30 for 73)

something has happened in conference play though. maybe it's just a coincidence. i doubt that.

Yup. You're pretty intelligent. I agree with you on a lot of things, but the timing of this is incredible, especially when he's at 39% in the ACC for THIS SEASON. We have a 9 page thread on Cooney. You start your own thread.

Why is that? Lets bring up February and March of previous years when they haven't even happened yet. You've started this same topic before at least 6 times this year.

You can call me president of the Cooney fan club, IDC, it won't offend me, but apparently I offend people when I say their brain has gone to mush analyzing said player.
why don't you start a mind reading thread

why don't you start a mind reading thread

I don't have to start a mind reading thread. I already know people hate Cooney. Our fan's will hate future players in the future too.

I've seen it in action at the dome. It's a disease with this fan base. It didn't start with him. This has gone back years.

BTW the next question you answer will be the first question you ever answered.

Big East/ACC 394 attempts
29%
AAC/A10/CUSA 39 attempts
28%
Pac 12/SEC/B12/B10 73 attempts
41%
All others 181 attempts
41%

before getting pissy about facts, why not stop and think about something that might be fun and interesting to dive into?

Maybe 39 attempts is too few to split out AAC/A10/CUSA

The minimums are also pretty high, how many guys have even made 200 3's? dude does play a ton of minutes, and some of that is absolutely to his credit.
The other way to look at it is of all the guys who have made thata many shots in the ACC, he has the worst % of any of them.
Since I respect your objective opinion could you please give me your ranking of all Syracuse guards who played decent minutes since 2003. You can use whatever metric you want as I think your fair.

I don't have to start a mind reading thread. I already know people hate Cooney. Our fan's will hate future players in the future too.

I've seen it in action at the dome. It's a disease with this fan base. It didn't start with him. This has gone back years.

BTW the next question you answer will be the first question you ever answered.
just because you've seen people at the dome doesn't mean that I want them to lose. You're not better than this

He looks good against weaker non-conference opponents, then struggles against conference rivals who have scouted him.

Isn't that like saying our QB looks pretty good against Rhode Island but struggles against Clemson?

he's shot 41% from three against the Pac 12, Big 12, Big Ten, SEC (13 games, 30 for 73)

something has happened in conference play though. maybe it's just a coincidence. i doubt that.

HE RUNS OUT OF GAS

The 6 player rotation is hell on players as the season wears on, especially ones who run around like a soccer player all game long like Cooney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom