Living Legend
Most Sweet 16 trips: (1975-2015)
1 North Carolina 26
2 Duke/Kentucky 24
4 Louisville 21
5 Kansas 20
6 Syracuse/UCLA 18
8 Arizona/Michigan St 17

This just tells me we are 1 NC away from being right on the cusp of the elite of the elite. Also, to the people who think Sean Miller would go from Zona to Cuse no way. Arizona = West Coast version of Syracuse without the tough conference.

Wow, no surprise that those are also probably the best 10 jobs to have in college bball. I guess you could add a few to the list but hey there they are and this is why the ACC is going to kick arse going forward. 4 of the premiere programs in the nation!!!

I thought Izzo came into this tourney with a 13-1 record in 2nd round games so shouldn't he now have 14 Sweet 16s?

Interesting list. I think the time frame of 1975 to 2015 is somewhat suspect. I think the author is selecting data to fit a narrative. From 1975 to 1978 there were only 32 teams so you only had to win one game. In 1979 there were only 40 teams with 24 teams given a bye so its not the same as getting to the sweet 16 in the modern 64 team bracket which did not start until 1985.

1 North Carolina 26
2 Duke/Kentucky 24
4 Louisville 21
5 Kansas 20
6 Syracuse/UCLA 18
8 Arizona/Michigan St 17

This just tells me we are 1 NC away from being right on the cusp of the elite of the elite. Also, to the people who think Sean Miller would go from Zona to Cuse no way. Arizona = West Coast version of Syracuse without the tough conference.

Playing devil's advocate here: How's the fan support? Do they have a Melo Center? A dome? 30k plus?

1 North Carolina 26
2 Duke/Kentucky 24
4 Louisville 21
5 Kansas 20
6 Syracuse/UCLA 18
8 Arizona/Michigan St 17

I don't understand how anybody could say that definitively about Sean Miller. I understand the logic to the contrary, but he's from Beaver Falls, Pa. Maybe getting closer to home / east coast would be important to him. :noidea:

David Glenn Show ‏@DavidGlennShow

Most #Sweet16 trips, by coach: (1975-2015)
1 Mike Krzyzewski-22
2 Jim Boeheim-17
3 Dean Smith-16 Roy Williams-16
5 B Knight-14
6 R Pitino-13

As for this stat, it is semi-depressing that Boeheim doesn't have a much higher number. I remember during the 2014 NCAA tournament, Moqui posted a stat that indicated that SU has never made three sweet sixteens in a row in three consecutive years. That's mind boggling, given the level of success we've had.

Playing devil's advocate here: How's the fan support? Do they have a Melo Center? A dome? 30k plus?
Not sure what you are asking here. Are you really questioning the fan support of North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, and Michigan St?

Not sure what you are asking here. Are you really questioning the fan support of North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, and Michigan St?

I was playing devil's advocate. The OP stated that it should put Miller ever coming here as coach to bed - and I was wondering how the fan support, attendance, basketball training facilities, etc compare.

Arizona is a great job - but I think many sell Syracuse short. We have a lot of things other programs don't.

That's what I was trying to say.

I was playing devil's advocate. The OP stated that it should put Miller ever coming here as coach to bed - and I was wondering how the fan support, attendance, basketball training facilities, etc compare.

Arizona is a great job - but I think many sell Syracuse short. We have a lot of things other programs don't.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you were talking in general about all those teams.

Like 2 years of probation past JB's retirement. I'm not trying knock Syracuse but I really can't think of much that would entice anyone to voluntarily leave U of A for SU.

That includes the program itself, economics of the job and region, weather, amenities of the city, recruiting, conference affiliation, prestige, or anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom