Class of 2015 - Interesting stat with regard to star ratings: | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Interesting stat with regard to star ratings:

I have fun looking back over old recruit rankings. In the 2011 class Clemson had 2 of the top 4 WR commits according to ESPN. 5 star Charone Peakes ahead of 4 star Sammy Watkins. The number 1 QB that class? Jeff Driskell. 4th ranked RB? Savon Huggins. Peakes, Driskell, and Huggins would've looked great... on paper.

Here is proof the star ranking system is not an indicator of TEAM success
The following schools went bowling, and according to Rivals recruiting rankings, all the following schools ranked between 50th and 122nd in recruiting in 2012. Right where you can expect to see Syracuse. I chose 2012 because those are players playing now on the teams listed. You can go back and look at 2011 and see most of the schools were still ranked between 50 and 122nd. In 2011 schools like Arizona and Arizona State were ranked in the 60's for recruiting. Syracuse, by the way, was ranked 76 in 2011 and 66th in 2012. Right in the middle of this sampling. Some of these schools are even played in major new years 6 bowls. I'm not implying that we can win a national title recruiting the way we have, but 8,9, and 10 win seasons a certainly do-able, and I think right now, that's all we as Cuse fans can realisticly hope for. Why can these other schools do it with "inferior talent" It's the coaching, and the players playing in the right system. Most of the commits on these teams are also the so called 2 and 3 star talent. Individuals star ranking does not affect your TEAM ranking when it's said and done. It's the work the kids put in once they get their.

ul lafeyette

nevada

utah st

utep

utah

col. st

western mich

air force

southern alabama

bowling green

byu

memphis

marshall

northern illinois

navy

sd state

central mich

west kentucky

fresno st

rice

illinois

louisiana tech

nc state

ucf

cincy

va tech

duke

ga tech

bc

penn state

boise state

minnesota

houston

wisconsin

k-state

east carolina

toledo

arkansas state

All went bowling. Some went to major bowl games, and ranked in top 25, or received votes.

cuse309 said:
Here is proof the star ranking system is not an indicator of TEAM success The following schools went bowling, and according to Rivals recruiting rankings, all the following schools ranked between 50th and 122nd in recruiting in 2012. Right where you can expect to see Syracuse. I chose 2012 because those are players playing now on the teams listed. You can go back and look at 2011 and see most of the schools were still ranked between 50 and 122nd. In 2011 schools like Arizona and Arizona State were ranked in the 60's for recruiting. Syracuse, by the way, was ranked 76 in 2011 and 66th in 2012. Right in the middle of this sampling. Some of these schools are even played in major new years 6 bowls. I'm not implying that we can win a national title recruiting the way we have, but 8,9, and 10 win seasons a certainly do-able, and I think right now, that's all we as Cuse fans can realisticly hope for. Why can these other schools do it with "inferior talent" It's the coaching, and the players playing in the right system. Most of the commits on these teams are also the so called 2 and 3 star talent. Individuals star ranking does not affect your TEAM ranking when it's said and done. It's the work the kids put in once they get their. ul lafeyette nevada utah st utep utah col. st western mich air force southern alabama bowling green byu memphis marshall northern illinois navy sd state central mich west kentucky fresno st rice illinois louisiana tech nc state ucf cincy va tech duke ga tech bc penn state boise state minnesota houston wisconsin k-state east carolina toledo arkansas state All went bowling. Some went to major bowl games, and ranked in top 25, or received votes.

There are only so many 4 and 5 star players. Think about 400 total. 70ish teams go to bowls x 85 players per team = 5950 players. Thats 7%. So it makes perfect sense that those teams have far less.