Interesting tidbit about Taj Harris | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Interesting tidbit about Taj Harris

I just want to say I didn’t really care that he posted it

I just was shocked that he was that close.

I mean we knew he was good but I definitely didn’t think he would be that close to setting the record.
I didn't know, either. Very cool.

It’s easy to get frustrated with the offense we’ve had the last two years. There’s times when Taj is open and the QB can’t get the ball to him. He doesn’t go nuts every time a ball get over thrown or thrown out of bounds. He does show frustration. That’s when we get annoyed as fans but I don’t see him yelling at his team mates. He just seems like a guy that thinks highly of himself and wants to help the team win. His soph year TD was tunnel visioned on Trishton. There are times when he missed catches but he always bounces back. My biggest beef with Taj is 50/50 balls. He’s needs to fight more on those. I would like to see him make more contested catches but he is one of the most athletic wide outs in the conference. He has produced our most explosive plays. It should have easily been a 80 catch season for him last year. I do know feelers from other P5 and Acc teams went out to him. He’s hung in there with us and the staff has worked with him. I am not surprised he is that close to the records. He’s been fairly steady since day 1.

There are cancers on each team. He’s not one of them. The quiet ones are the most lethal to hurting a team. They don’t show it but they do their work behind the scenes. At least you know what Taj is about. There is no hiding or pretending. The team loves that about him.

It’s easy to get frustrated with the offense we’ve had the last two years. There’s times when Taj is open and the QB can’t get the ball to him. He doesn’t go nuts every time a ball get over thrown or thrown out of bounds. He does show frustration. That’s when we get annoyed as fans but I don’t see him yelling at his team mates. He just seems like a guy that thinks highly of himself and wants to help the team win. His soph year TD was tunnel visioned on Trishton. There are times when he missed catches but he always bounces back. My biggest beef with Taj is 50/50 balls. He’s needs to fight more on those. I would like to see him make more contested catches but he is one of the most athletic wide outs in the conference. He has produced our most explosive plays. It should have easily been a 80 catch season for him last year. I do know feelers from other P5 and Acc teams went out to him. He’s hung in there with us and the staff has worked with him. I am not surprised he is that close to the records. He’s been fairly steady since day 1.

There are cancers on each team. He’s not one of them. The quiet ones are the most lethal to hurting a team. They don’t show it but they do their work behind the scenes. At least you know what Taj is about. There is no hiding or pretending. The team loves that about him.
Love your comments on Taj, after reaching my 75th birthday on the 14th. Unlike a lot of people I Do remember the stupid things That I did as a youth. Yes he did some things that were dumb, but at least he doesn't take losing in stride.
Bill Russell to paraphrase, said someone who accepts losing will always be a loser.

I just want to say I didn’t really care that he posted it

I just was shocked that he was that close.

I mean we knew he was good but I definitely didn’t think he would be that close to setting the record.

Well - he was the all-time Frosh leader, beating Shelby Hill’s mark.

So, that makes for a good start towards career receptions counting records.

And there’s more passing in today’s game than back then (look at Marvin Harrison’s college #’s for verification of this) - so it only makes sense that Taj should be in striking distance of those sorts of career records.

Well - he was the all-time Frosh leader, beating Shelby Hill’s mark.

So, that makes for a good start towards career receptions counting records.

And there’s more passing in today’s game than back then (look at Marvin Harrison’s college #’s for verification of this) - so it only makes sense that Taj should be in striking distance of those sorts of career records.

Yeah it’s just been a pretty silent thing IMO.

not really talked about.

Really hoping he smashes that record because if he does, it means we’ve had a heck of a season.

Hahh. No, but publicizing yourself isn't a bad idea. Normally I'd prefer humility, but with the possibility of monetary gain, it makes sense.

let the kid brag, he spent a portion of last season in the news for all the wrong reasons. Lets root on his senior year.
I hear what you are saying guys, but I think it's an assumption that this was about bragging. It sounds like either 1) someone else brought it up and he just retweeted, or 2) he is just excited for himself about a stellar accomplishment, or 3) both 1 and 2. He can just be happy/proud and want to post the stat

why would he post that?

Because he wants the ball. He wants every target when he's on the field. He wants that record. He wants to be able to say that after he's gone.

Ravien Pierce says hello.

Rav dog!

Bottom line, if we win we won't have to worry about Taj losing his cool. If we scheme the safety over away from him he should get the ball thrown his way every time 1 v 1

Its simple he cares, and he wants to win. I wish we had 85 just like him.

why would he post that?

Such a self-centered post. And this is a guy chosen to go the ACC media day…it’s almost like he’s giving Dino a middle-finger to any sense of maturity gained over the past year.

(See what I did there?)

Such a self-centered post. And this is a guy chosen to go the ACC media day…it’s almost like he’s giving Dino a middle-finger to any sense of maturity gained over the past year.

(See what I did there?)
You will see this stuff more and more now because of NIL. Twitter comments about breaking records will be the least of self centered problems in college sports.

I agree with what everyone is saying about Taj. I just don’t want to see 85 middle fingers displayed to the camera man while on national television. Just sayin…
Team chemistry and solidarity. ;)

You will see this stuff more and more now because of NIL. Twitter comments about breaking records will be the least of self centered problems in college sports.
Good point