Is all this Frost talk coming from our board insiders? | Syracusefan.com

Is all this Frost talk coming from our board insiders?

orangeinjersey

All Conference
Lots of talk about this guy, just wondering if our board insiders are hearing any kind of inside chatter or if its message board pipe dream type of scenario?

the site that is not to be mentioned says he at or near the top of coyles list

Nobody but Coyle knows, everyone else is making guesses educated and not.

All of these bloggers are pulling names out if their butts like Joe Moglia! -I think most just repeat heresay or other rumors.

I think that TGC has given Coyle Carte Blanche subject to BOT approval. In that context and for my own over think, I look at the following.
  1. No search committee announced (this could change).
  2. No search firm hired (this also could change).
  3. Frost's name was only mentioned with the MD search. As only MD could, they stated they wanted to run a high powered offense and then they interview the Michigan DC! Did Frost show no interest because he is coming here?
Admittedly, not much to go on, but each day that goes by makes it a bit more probable IMO.

Nobody but Coyle knows, everyone else is making guesses educated and not.

All of these bloggers are pulling names out if their butts like Joe Moglia! -I think most just repeat heresay or other rumors.

I think that TGC has given Coyle Carte Blanche subject to BOT approval. In that context and for my own over think, I look at the following.
  1. No search committee announced (this could change).
  2. No search firm hired (this also could change).
  3. Frost's name was only mentioned with the MD search. As only MD could, they stated they wanted to run a high powered offense and then they interview the Michigan DC! Did Frost show no interest because he is coming here?
Admittedly, not much to go on, but each day that goes by makes it a bit more probable IMO.
good post Crusty. I have called a few people that might have heard something, one was with my Father yesterday morning and it has been total silence. With all of the coaches being mentioned or most of them coaching this weekend there would not have been face to face interviews which i have to believe need to take place prior to an offer being made unless of course it is made to Frost who Coyle has already interviewed. If not Frost early next week then i would say that Coyle is going to take sometime and get into the interview process now that the regular season is over.

I don't see the search really heating up until after Saturday and the season is truly complete. Then we'll hear about interviews.

I don't see the search really heating up until after Saturday and the season is truly complete. Then we'll hear about interviews.
Perhaps, but why no search firm hire yet?

I like the way this administration operates thus far meaning no loose lips. I suspect this has been in the works for a while and everyone (well most anyway) will be very happy in the end. Coyle was obviously brought in to fix football. The good Dr. for all his faults did well with the non-revenue sports but he spent $'s to do it. Football will be fixed now too.

Last edited:
Guys it's been 4 days. How many other schools have been open for weeks and they're just starting to interview.

Hiring a search firm* is wasted $$ when you know who you want and the feeling is mutual.

*If we hire a search firm on Monday I'll change my tune to you hire a search firm when you want to perform due diligence!

I was always under the impression that search firms are hired to maintain some level of plausible deniability and anonymity while gauging interest and compiling a list of candidates that are qualified for the job.

I'm pretty sure Coyle had his man before he pulled the trigger on Shafer. He's no dummy. Just waiting for the regular season to be over

that could also be wishful thinking. Now coyle seems pretty calculated so hopefully it's not wishful. Personally hoping for a HC not a coordinator

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced it's frost but I am convinced he's had preliminary discussions with who he needs to and the rest of the process is tying up loose ends... $, face to face, campus/area visit, etc

The chatter has legitimate merit. Said it before, say it again: I firmly believe it will be Frost if he wants the job.

Wasn't disputing at all there is interest in Frost or the chatter.

If it's true that Coyle talked to Orgeron when LSU was in town(and when we looked like a legit bowl team) then can you imagine how much planning Coyle has been doing since things started going off the rails? He probably offered Frost the job after Dungey got knocked out of the Louisville game

The chatter has legitimate merit. Said it before, say it again: I firmly believe it will be Frost if he wants the job.

Agree. We are pretty sure Frost is interested, the question is how much. Check those flight tracking sites tomorrow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom