Is anybody else suprized how Bill Russel was treated at the NBA Finals Ceremony? | Syracusefan.com

Is anybody else suprized how Bill Russel was treated at the NBA Finals Ceremony?

72Cuse

Walk On
I felt he was completely ignored--especially by ABC staff--and should have been at least interviewed. In contrast, note how Jim Brown was in the center of the Cleveland homecoming ceremony.

He was just handing out the trophy, The Cavs just won a title, as great a player as Russel was, I'm not sure why an interview with him would be relevant at that moment.

He was just handing out the trophy, The Cavs just won a title, as great a player as Russel was, I'm not sure why an interview with him would be relevant at that moment.
Not one comment? The trophy is named after him. It could be made to look like the passing of the baton. Where's "Uncle Drew" when you need him?

Not one comment? The trophy is named after him. It could be made to look like the passing of the baton. Where's "Uncle Drew" when you need him?

Its not about him, its about the Cavs, you can always interview Bill Russell, I am sure he wouldn't have wanted to be interviewed.

I felt he was completely ignored--especially by ABC staff--and should have been at least interviewed. In contrast, note how Jim Brown was in the center of the Cleveland homecoming ceremony.

Listen to Bill at the opening of this vid, you'll hear why Bill wasn't interviewed, which he shouldn't have been at a wild moment like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom