Is it fair to say that Jarveon Howard | Syracusefan.com

Is it fair to say that Jarveon Howard

No. The one earlier this year on a long near TD run was a fluke.

Dino wouldn’t put him in as our “inside the 5” back if he had a fumbling issue.
I’m thinking Dino isn’t going to put him in as our inside the 5 back next week...

A lot of young backs have trouble holding onto the ball its correct able.

You may be right. But he’s been in that role for awhile.

Sometimes it’s just a bad game.
Mo Neal has been our best back all year and was stuffhoused because of a fumble near the goal line against UNC even though he’s literally done nothing else even remotely bad all year.

I’m a huge Howard fan and think he needs to get a break here but he fumbled on a play where Dino was Tyrion to get Dungey a curtain call. Dino has shown he does not tolerate that .

Edit: I love that s h I t h o u s e d was auto chsnged to “ stuffhoused.” It’s like I’m watching a lazyily edited version of Beverly Hills cop on USA at 2 pm.

I’m thinking Dino isn’t going to put him in as our inside the 5 back next week...

This is an instance where he trying to build someone up for next year, but I feel like Strickland is our best shot to score inside on a run. Dungey is bull headed, but a bit predictable when he runs near the goal line.

This is an instance where he trying to build someone up for next year, but I feel like Strickland is our best shot to score inside on a run. Dungey is bull headed, but a bit predictable when he runs near the goal line.

I agree ballhog is maybe too strong of a word but he will take it in or attempt to if the door is even remotely cracked

This will be a big change for next year with TD as our QB who won’t be looking to run the rock as much

Wouldn't call it a fumbling issue rather than not going down when he should issue. Sometime you just have to go down to keep the football so defenders don't continue to rip it out. But he tries to fight for every yard instead

Howard reminds me a little bit of Derrick Henry

Wouldn't call it a fumbling issue rather than not going down when he should issue. Sometime you just have to go down to keep the football so defenders don't continue to rip it out. But he tries to fight for every yard instead

This last fumble was a get both arms and hands on the ball when splitting defenders issue.

This last fumble was a get both arms and hands on the ball when splitting defenders issue.
Same thing he should have done when he was getting caught from behind at the goal line on that big run.

Defender B grabbed his off arm and would not let him secure the ball

I hope you are right. He is less decisive than Strick and bounces too many runs outside. I like his potential but want to see less of him next week.

I hope you are right. He is less decisive than Strick and bounces too many runs outside. I like his potential but want to see less of him next week.

It took Strick 4 years to do that.

Howard is a frosh and still has a lot to learn. Clearly though the coaches believe in him.

Side note I was surprised Strick only getting 7 carries last night on senior night and they didn’t throw him a TD bone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom