Is it time to close the "Rutgers Dumpster Fire" thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is it time to close the "Rutgers Dumpster Fire" thread

Is it time to close the "Rutgers Dumpster Fire" thread

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Micro Rivalry?

Are there additional variants like "mega micro rivalry" or "micro micro rivary"?
w
With enough new descriptors you can make the case for any opponent falling into e new category.

Rutgers, a team against which we have played very few significant games ever and which is in another conference is somehow a "rival "???

Maybe they fit in a different category like "Teams with obnoxious, delusional fan bases in adjacent states". But there's more than one of those.

Not another rivalary/not-rivalry discussion please. Fact is during the Schiano and post-era, to quote Disney, there was something there that wasn't there before. Suddenly P was gone, they stole Rice, Schiano talked trash, Gerg talked trash, there was the infamous hand-shake/eye-roll, we were pushed out of NJ, and they started beating us on the football field and in the recruiting ranking. Their fanbase became new-money(fake money really, it's like they won Take 5 and think they won Powerball) and started OBNOXIOUSLY trolling our fanbase. There is still some bad blood, but apparently they have taken it upon themselves to rile up the Pedophiles and Wolverines so more power to them. I used to hate Rutgers, now I still enjoy watching them roll in their own poopy but my focus is on the ACC now and they think they somehow belong in the B10. It's still fun to watch and comment on now though. The thread stays!

Micro Rivalry?

Are there additional variants like "mega micro rivalry" or "micro micro rivary"?
w
With enough new descriptors you can make the case for any opponent falling into e new category.

Rutgers, a team against which we have played very few significant games ever and which is in another conference is somehow a "rival "???

Maybe they fit in a different category like "Teams with obnoxious, delusional fan bases in adjacent states". But there's more than one of those.

I put mine in quotes, as did you. Once it goes into quotes, it can be whatever you want it to be.

When I think of Rutgers being a rival, I think of someone like you. People who hate Rutgers enough to continue the discussion.

If I said let's make Temple a rival, I'm guessing you wouldn't even reply.

But I get it. Football is rival free. It has annual opponents. There's really no fixing it unless SU and BC became perennial Top 25 teams. We'll need a lot of Power 5 schools to drop their programs altogether before that happens.

Has this thread been moved to the thread with 7 million posts about a team that isn't a rival?

I put mine in quotes, as did you. Once it goes into quotes, it can be whatever you want it to be.

When I think of Rutgers being a rival, I think of someone like you. People who hate Rutgers enough to continue the discussion.

If I said let's make Temple a rival, I'm guessing you wouldn't even reply.

But I get it. Football is rival free. It has annual opponents. There's really no fixing it unless SU and BC became perennial Top 25 teams. We'll need a lot of Power 5 schools to drop their programs altogether before that happens.

Has this thread been moved to the thread with 7 million posts about a team that isn't a rival?

The RU bases great son --- and what powers this thread--- is that they deigned to call themselves SU "rivals.

We could've laughed them off when we were good. But we were down and feeling bad about it. And the thought that we had slipped to a level of a Rutgers "rival" was painful.

Seven million posts demonstrate they are a fat target for derision and says nothing about their being a rival.

It's either keep the one thread or have the possibility of individual threads popping up every time something newsworthy happens there. Take your pick.
The last newsworthy thing that happened to Rutgers football was in the 1800's.

Not another rivalary/not-rivalry discussion please. Fact is during the Schiano and post-era, to quote Disney, there was something there that wasn't there before. Suddenly P was gone, they stole Rice, Schiano talked trash, Gerg talked trash, there was the infamous hand-shake/eye-roll, we were pushed out of NJ, and they started beating us on the football field and in the recruiting ranking. Their fanbase became new-money(fake money really, it's like they won Take 5 and think they won Powerball) and started OBNOXIOUSLY trolling our fanbase. There is still some bad blood, but apparently they have taken it upon themselves to rile up the Pedophiles and Wolverines so more power to them. I used to hate Rutgers, now I still enjoy watching them roll in their own poopy but my focus is on the ACC now and they think they somehow belong in the B10. It's still fun to watch and comment on now though. The thread stays!

Feces was right there, but you went with poopy. Hats off, sir.

The last newsworthy thing that happened to Rutgers football was in the 1800's.

That's not true. I saw many of their players in the news last year. Granted it was because they were arrested, but newsworthy nonetheless.

The RU bases great son --- and what powers this thread--- is that they deigned to call themselves SU "rivals.

We could've laughed them off when we were good. But we were down and feeling bad about it. And the thought that we had slipped to a level of a Rutgers "rival" was painful.

Seven million posts demonstrate they are a fat target for derision and says nothing about their being a rival.

It would be more fun to beat them every year, and get the easy P5 win (since we have to schedule a P5 team, and our division of the conference is an annual nightmare).

Am I the only one who thought 'micro' rivalry summed up games v most of our opponents perfectly??

We will never push Bama-Auburn or OSU-Michigan off the tv, but I get it.

Not to change the subject like what had happened at the " Dumpster " thread, but Sunday Aug. 27th Lynyrd Skynyrd and Earth,Wind and Fire are playing freebie Concerts that day at the NYS Fair.

Kind of a strange mix for that day considering the news as it just hit me while typing. I will be there for both and if you have a hunting or fishing license you get in free that day.

One thread that anyone can ignore is better than locking the thread, and having a new one pop up every couple weeks. Consider it the Rutgers Municipal Dump. One is better than many.

Use the ignore thread link. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom