Is Jon Stewart a fan of SU basketball? | Syracusefan.com

Is Jon Stewart a fan of SU basketball?

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Hey, now, this is an important topic! Don't be cruel.

I have thought for several years that Stewart is an SU fan. He has made remarks on his show that led me to deduce that. Do I remember these remarks? No! That's what you guys are for.

The most recent remark I DO remember is that last year he said something about filling out his brackets and that in his championship game he had Syracuse vs. Cheetos. I thought, "Ah ha! He likes us."

Now, for those of you bemused by this topic, perhaps you can come up with some distorted memories of your own, which would be fun. For those of you who don't like this thread, I am confident you will make no remarks whatsoever.

not sure about cuse but i know hes a die hard met fan. and springsteen fan.

You're probably just thinking that because in Big Daddy his and Sandler's characters went to SU, and Sandler wears a Syracuse t-shirt basically the entire movie.

DID YOU KNOW! Jon Stewart played college soccer at William and Mary?

You're probably just thinking that because in Big Daddy his and Sandler's characters went to SU, and Sandler wears a Syracuse t-shirt basically the entire movie.

Soccer-John-Stewart-.jpg

My wife's boss played on that team with him and is friends with him to this day.

He also was in a fraternity and smoked a ton of pot. I know a lot of people that were in school with him. Still, decent school and he did graduate.

Eh. I don't find him very funny TBH. I must say that I have tried to watch his show, but just simply do not laugh.

I also don't like how he gets into very serious issues, and sometimes claims and accuses things that are wrong, but when he gets called out on it he steps back and says "hey, I'm just a comedian" (or something to that effect.)

One more thing, I hate when Jewish people don't use their real last name.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Okay, all of this is quite interesting, but no one else remembers comments on his shows that might indicate his college bball allegiance? (No, I never saw "Big Daddy" and yes, those are gargantuan thighs! Holy Hulk Hogan!)

Liberalism is not funny. It is the devil incarnate.

Eh. I don't find him very funny TBH. I must say that I have tried to watch his show, but just simply do not laugh.

I also don't like how he gets into very serious issues, and sometimes claims and accuses things that are wrong, but when he gets called out on it he steps back and says "hey, I'm just a comedian" (or something to that effect.)

One more thing, I hate when Jewish people don't use their real last name.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Oh...I know what you mean. Those crazy folk just do it to try and make sure they are not singled out and hope it leads to successful careers.

Nobody else would ever do that...never !

Are you with me Madonna, Will.i.am, Liberace and The Rock ???

SUOrange44

Bob Dylan is such an idiot

This is way off topic, but anyway... I had a few friends who worked backstage security at on outdoor venue during the summers. When Bob Dylan came they were given specific instructions not to look into his eyes. Apparently he is somewhat psychotic and gets extremely mad if people look him in the eye.

Big Daddy was my first thought (and I also find Jon Stewart to be brilliant).

This is way off topic, but anyway... I had a few friends who worked backstage security at on outdoor venue during the summers. When Bob Dylan came they were given specific instructions not to look into his eyes. Apparently he is somewhat psychotic and gets extremely mad if people look him in the eye.

It was sarcasm, because he like John Stewart changed his original Jewish last name. Sorry for the confusion. I personally have seen Dylan in concert and enjoy his music.

I like your story, I have heard similar things.

Well, no one has a clue whether Stewart is a secret Orange fan. I am fairly certain I am delusional. This is what happens when I don't go to work and have structure. I must guard against these flights of fancy in the future . . <fingers drumming nervously>

I don't care if John Stewart and others feel the need to hide their heritage, but I dislike when Chuck Lorre fires Charlie Sheen for calling him by his real(Jewish) name. I mean Charlie has a stage name too, but I don't think he's ever fired(or would, if in a position to do so) anyone for calling him by it. As for whether Stewart is a closet SU fan, based on the example given, I'm thinking he gave SU as much chance as the Cheetos.

I don't care if John Stewart and others feel the need to hide their heritage, but I dislike when Chuck Lorre fires Charlie Sheen for calling him by his real(Jewish) name. I mean Charlie has a stage name too, but I don't think he's ever fired(or would, if in a position to do so) anyone for calling him by it. As for whether Stewart is a closet SU fan, based on the example given, I'm thinking he gave SU as much chance as the Cheetos.
That reminds me, if I ever meet Chuck Sheen, I'm going to refer to him either as Wild Thing or Carlos Estevez. Or maybe I'll call him Emilio just because I enjoy being an exceptional douche.

That reminds me, if I ever meet Chuck Sheen, I'm going to refer to him either as Wild Thing or Carlos Estevez. Or maybe I'll call him Emilio just because I enjoy being an exceptional douche.

That reminds me, I watched Young Guns(1 and 2) a couple of months ago for the first time in over a decade. Good stuff, including listening to Blaze of Glory(Bon Jovi's version of a song based on the same subject matter as Knocking On Heaven's Door, written by the aforementioned Bob Dylan).

As for whatever you call him, he might tell you that you need to do better to be considered a douche by him after what he's been through. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom