Is Maryland the 1st televised game? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is Maryland the 1st televised game?

You just need to buy a converter and hook it up to your tv, I think its like 25 bucks, still were Syracuse, all our games should be on tv somewhere.
UCONN'S first 5 games are on SNY, with pregame and postgame and several replays. But our athletic department generates more revenue than theirs so woop de fn doo.

UCONN'S first 5 games are on SNY, with pregame and postgame and several replays. But our athletic department generates more revenue than theirs so woop de fn doo.

Their women's games too, its maddening.

My point is that there are folks who don't know a converter from a convertible or a router from a Rotor Rooter.
Apparently, people who post here don't have any interaction with non-tech savvy people.

So, you'd like us to be in the AAC so some of our non-conference games would be on SNY, instead of in the ACC? You'd rather have an AD revenue of $10M than revenue of $25+M? Really?

By some of the posts, we have more than one on here.
I'm sure you remember that thread about that elderly lady who Jim went to visit in Auburn. There are a lot of people like her out there. Try to explain to her how to stream with a firestik. She probably has turned into a UCONN women's fan.

So, you'd like us to be in the AAC so some of our non-conference games would be on SNY, instead of in the ACC? You'd rather have an AD revenue of $10M than revenue of $25+M? Really?
I'd rather be in the B1G. They seem to treat Rutgers pretty well for what they are.

I'd rather be in the B1G. They seem to treat Rutgers pretty well for what they are.
So our non-conference games could be shown on delay at 3AM? Not many casual fans would see them then either.
upload_2017-11-7_18-10-13.gif

You're completely wrong if you think it is. We were never, ever going to the B1G. Our choice was ACC or stay in the dying BE or AAC. There was no other option.

There. We're even. :)
So Syracuse should just know their place in the ACC and shut it? Not even second fiddle, maybe 4th or 5th. Sad what has become of once proud Syracuse.

So Syracuse should just know their place in the ACC and shut it? Not even second fiddle, maybe 4th or 5th. Sad what has become of once proud Syracuse.
What are you talking about? You post as if we are the only ACC school to have games streamed and not on TV. News flash - every ACC school has games on ACC Extra. Every. Single. One. Even Duke. Even North Carolina. Conference games.

What are you talking about? You post as if we are the only ACC school to have games streamed and not on TV. News flash - every ACC school has games on ACC Extra. Every. Single. One. Even Duke. Even North Carolina. Conference games.
Duke has maybe 3 games not on TV. Didn't check UNC.

There are thousands upon thousands of elderly people and physically challenged people who can not make it to the dome and who have no ability to setup streaming who have watched Syracuse basketball, every game and now they can't. Not everybody has the knowledge or understanding or money for every new tech invention. I guess those lifelong loyal fans don't matter.
It's not that they don't matter, and I don't mean to sound callous, but the future of the program is not going to rest on senior citizens who cannot figure out how to stream early season games against cupcakes.

Also, those life long fans also remember not too long ago when relatively few games were ever televised and you followed the team on radio for these early season games.

It's not that they don't matter, and I don't mean to sound callous, but the future of the program is not going to rest on senior citizens who cannot figure out how to stream early season games against cupcakes.

Also, those life long fans also remember not too long ago when relatively few games were ever televised and you followed the team on radio for these early season games.
When was that, that the early games weren't televised, in the 70's. Why don't the Yankees or Red Sox put some of there games on streaming only if it's such a good idea. Because it's not a good idea and the only reason it's happening to SU and the ACC is because ESPN is losing their a$$ because of poor management and they have this lame scheme to get some new revenue, at a cost to SU basketball.

When was that, that the early games weren't televised, in the 70's. Why don't the Yankees or Red Sox put some of there games on streaming only if it's such a good idea. Because it's not a good idea and the only reason it's happening to SU and the ACC is because ESPN is losing their a$$ because of poor management and they have this lame scheme to get some new revenue, at a cost to SU basketball.
You don't get to make up facts. It is not only the ACC. Ever hear of Big Ten Plus? Or the Pac-12 Plus Livestream? Same thing as ACC Network Extra - for games not televised on 'TV'. Holy Moly - as late as the mid-2000's there were SU games not televised. Enough with the woe-is-me-the-ACC-is-killing-us. Yeah, SNY carries UConn-Stony Brook. Enjoy. Have fun watching UConn-Houston on the CBS Sports Network, if you an find it. It's the 21st century. Get a Chromecast or Fire Stick. I won't even get into the MLB baseball vs. SU Texas Southern ratings comparison. And by the way, all MLB games are streamed. So if you live in Baltimore, but want to see the Angels-Oakland game, you're going to have to pay and stream it.

I get the fact that it would be ideal to see all games on TV. I totally get it. But to make out that it's only SU or only the ACC is not only disingenuous, it's not true. It's a whole new world out there.
upload_2017-11-7_19-5-56.gif

You don't get to make up facts. It is not only the ACC. Ever hear of Big Ten Plus? Or the Pac-12 Plus Livestream? Same thing as ACC Network Extra - for games not televised on 'TV'. Holy Moly - as late as the mid-2000's there were SU games not televised. Enough with the woe-is-me-the-ACC-is-killing-us. Yeah, SNY carries UConn-Stony Brook. Enjoy. Have fun watching UConn-Houston on the CBS Sports Network, if you an find it. It's the 21st century. Get a Chromecast or Fire Stick. I won't even get into the MLB baseball vs. SU Texas Southern ratings comparison. And by the way, all MLB games are streamed. So if you live in Baltimore, but want to see the Angels-Oakland game, you're going to have to pay and stream it.

I get the fact that it would be ideal to see all games on TV. I totally get it. But to make out that it's only SU or only the ACC is not only disingenuous, it's not true. It's a whole new world out there. View attachment 114672

I was just going to bring up Big Ten Plus. Every team has games on that- and you have to pay extra for it. Thanks for doing the work for me!

Hell, I remember following the game scores on ticker tape at the local public radio station. No kidding.

Some people just like to complain to complain. The HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV is a very easy solution that even most non tech savy people could figure out. I doubt too many "casual" fans are chomping at the bit and upset that SU vs a Colgate or Cornell is not on SNY but instead is streaming on the ACC Network Extra. Would I prefer it to be on TV, sure but it doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things because 22+ million is a lot better than the alternative if we were stuck in AAC with SMU/ECU/UCONN.

Some people just like to complain to complain. The HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV is a very easy solution that even most non tech savy people could figure out. I doubt too many "casual" fans are chomping at the bit and upset that SU vs a Colgate or Cornell is not on SNY but instead is streaming on the ACC Network Extra. Would I prefer it to be on TV, sure but it doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things because 22+ million is a lot better than the alternative if we were stuck in AAC with SMU/ECU/UCONN.

Is this 2008?! Get a fire stick people! It's $35!

Yes because comparing 2 of the richest PROFESSIONAL MLB baseball teams to Syracuse basketball (not too mention playing mid majors) is similar. I'm sure ESPN is just swimming in all the extra revenue generated from streaming the less attractive ACC bball games. They are definitely out to get SU basketball ;)

Is this 2008?! Get a fire stick people! It's $35!
Haha I agree but the one poster is quite upset and thinks it's a conspiracy against older and disabled people. I figured even he could figure out how to run the HDMI cable between the TV and laptop.

Haha I agree but the one poster is quite upset and thinks it's a conspiracy against older and disabled people. I figured even he could figure out how to run the HDMI cable between the TV and laptop.
I already stated that I will watch it streamed over my computer. But, do you think it is a solid business decision to make more difficult for people to access the game and have fewer people watching the game? The ACC owns the tier 2 and 3 rights so they are making the decision, to help ESPN at the expense of Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom