Is the line in the sand BC for Dino? | Syracusefan.com

Is the line in the sand BC for Dino?

Does Dino get fired with a loss Friday night?

• Total voters

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Competitive or not, is he gone with a 5th straight loss?

Not should he be
Not do I want him to be

Does your gut tell you ADJW rips off the bandaid?

I put no. I think Dino is already a dead man walking, and I want him gone now, but it's just not the way SU operates. They're going to wait until whatever the date is when Dino's buyout reduces even further just to save a few dollars. Most of the coaches we want will already be snatched up, and our next HC will be fighting an uphill battle already in his first year.

I always hope SU will do the right thing, but over the many years of following the team I've come to the realization that they only care about the money and not the product on the field.

I put no. I think Dino is already a dead man walking, and I want him gone now, but it's just not the way SU operates. They're going to wait until whatever the date is when Dino's buyout reduces even further just to save a few dollars. Most of the coaches we want will already be snatched up, and our next HC will be fighting an uphill battle already in his first year.

I always hope SU will do the right thing, but over the many years of following the team I've come to the realization that they only care about the money and not the product on the field.
He really shouldn't be coaching against BC, he should be gone.

He won’t. . The second they are not bowl eligible however, JW pulls the trigger
I think this is the answer. JW will give Dino a chance to get bowl eligible. Also, JW doesn’t want the firing of the coach to be the big story going into the Yankee Stadium game. Once we hit seven losses, it’s over for Dino.

Nope. I agree he’s a dead coach walking, but he won’t be let go until after the season ends.

If he was fired during the season, he’d be replaced by an interim coach, who is probably not the actual HC replacement.
So mid season firing does not equal the start of the rebuild.

If we as fans ran the AD every sport would be a train wreck and we as fans were coaches we wouldt have a team that functions..
A train wreck is exactly what Syracuse football has been for the last 20 years, so I think we’d be exactly what the university is looking for from the AD spot.

If he was fired during the season, he’d be replaced by an interim coach, who is probably not the actual HC replacement.
You can him now, give Beck and Rocky a chance to prove why they should be considered to be retained in any capacity, and begin your search immediately while worthy names are still floating around

Obviously the next coach isn’t on this staff, that’d be a lateral or net negative move. Beck hasn’t proven anything to be considered, while Rocky is not the ideal age for a rebuilding program. It lets you start your search as soon as physically possible, while letting you consider every possible candidate and vice versa.

I assume JW is doing some fundraising events in NYC the following week.

If we lose to BC, how do you look that group in the eyes and ask them for money with Dino still being the head coach?
You dont because you’re now the guy who lost his bet on someone else’s head coach and moved a home game that found itself at the tail of a 5 game losing streak

You look those donors in the eye and beg them to keep their faith in you because you should be fired alongside Dino.

Not in a super forgiving mood this week

I think if we get blown out he is fired the next day. Only because this is a nationally televised game. If it were a Saturday CW game, Dino would survive no matter what. If we lose a close game, I don't see enough pressure to fire Dino now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom