Is the team doing another mini-camp at Ft Drum this year? | Syracusefan.com

Is the team doing another mini-camp at Ft Drum this year?

I’m all for supporting our troops, but big time programs can’t be wasting time playing soldier during pre season camp. I appreciate showing gratitude, I think you can do as many military appreciation days as you want during the season at the Dome or even a meet and greet for one day, but the week long thing was a joke, could you imagine Saban or Dabo doing that?

isnt it also about time they announce some type of fanfest event at the soccer stadium?

isnt it also about time they announce some type of fanfest event at the soccer stadium?

If I recall correctly, they held a family-oriented (read bounce-houses) event at Manley next year. Might have been nice for mommy and daddy with their little ones in tow, but certainly not oriented towards the prototype SU football fan.
So in other words, don’t get your hopes up.

I think the trip up to the base was a good thing. For a few days it focuses the team on the concept of "team " and what that really means. I also like that the military families there get something neat to do. In the grand scheme it's at most a small distraction outweighed by greater good. For example the players will run a small camp for the little kids of the families. Those to be clear are not the silver spoon types of kids of families who live in Fayetteville or JD for example who go to SU camps and games all the time. Most of these families have very little. So count me as someone who supports those trips.

If I recall correctly, they held a family-oriented (read bounce-houses) event at Manley next year. Might have been nice for mommy and daddy with their little ones in tow, but certainly not oriented towards the prototype SU football fan.
Your probably right

The " prototype" SU fan doesn't have children? hahah. what the hell is that supposed to mean? I attended those before having kids and now that I do. Didn't bother me at all that kids were there. Its called growing your fanbase.

The " prototype" SU fan doesn't have children? hahah. what the hell is that supposed to mean? I attended those before having kids and now that I do. Didn't bother me at all that kids were there. Its called growing your fanbase.

I didn’t mean it as a knock against kids or fans with kids. But the bounce-house family event was not geared toward fans who previously attended and enjoyed the scrimmages at the soccer stadium. And my use of “prototype-fan” was maybe ill-conceived, but it was the first term that entered my pea-brain while composing my post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom