Is Wake Forest part of the ACC protection program? | Syracusefan.com

Is Wake Forest part of the ACC protection program?

Do we have to bend over again this weekend?
Everyone is on it but SU.
download (1).jpeg

Louisville fans feels the refs contributed greatly to Wake’s win on Saturday. I just think they’re generally incompetent, but there’s another example of an “old” school getting favorable treatment at the expense of a new member

If this really is the case we need to make adjustments in light of the fact, such as always taking the easy three points unless absolutely needed.

ACC will protect it's best shot to be in the playoff at this point
Wake Forest could go undefeated 2 years in a row and never get in the playoff. They have no history, and would never be in the top 7 let alone the top 4.
You need to have at some time been a player in football to be able to represent the ACC. Clemson, Miami, FSU, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, , and Syracuse have a history. If any of those teams had a great year most would get in.

Wake Forest could go undefeated 2 years in a row and never get in the playoff. They have no history, and would never be in the top 7 let alone the top 4.
You need to have at some time been a player in football to be able to represent the ACC. Clemson, Miami, FSU, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, , and Syracuse have a history. If any of those teams had a great year most would get in.
Best shot this season...meaning right now they are the front runner to win the ACC. History means nothing in this context.

I don't disagree even if they win out they won't make the playoff, bur that also means the ACC gets left out

Best shot this season...meaning right now they are the front runner to win the ACC. History means nothing in this context.

I don't disagree even if they win out they won't make the playoff, bur that also means the ACC gets left out
Actually with no ACC team in the playoff, they need to highlight what is their most exciting player, and that is Tucker. When we win Saturday, and then Friday, they will be able to promote the most exciting player in the league.

Syracuse?

Syracuse?

Even Pitt is pushing it.

The problem for Wake is there is nobody on their schedule. With them not being a football factory, they’ll risk being left out even if they are an undefeated ACC Champ this year.

Given how the year has played out, I think we’re currently looking at one SEC, one B1G and then two of Cinci, Oklahoma, Oregon, Wake, SEC(2).

Last edited:
Even Pitt is pushing it.

The problem for Wake is there is nobody on their schedule. With them not being a football factory, they’ll risk being left out even if they are an undefeated ACC Champ this year.

Given how the year has played out, I think we’re looking at one SEC, one B1G and then two of Cinci, Big 12, PAC, SEC(2), Undefeated Wake.
It’ll be two SEC unless something wild happens and UGA and Bama lose twice. Either is getting in if they only have one loss. I’d say it’s more likely that the SEC gets three than they get one. Lol.

We probably wanted Ville to knock them off the ACC needs someone to be ranked. Doesn't have much to do with the name or school itself.

Even Pitt is pushing it.

Given how the year has played out, I think we’re looking at one SEC, one B1G and then two of Cinci, Big 12, PAC, SEC(2). If Wake goes undefeated add them into the mix.

I think a 2 loss SEC team is getting in. Wake might not get the nod over a deserving 1 loss team but if they are head to head vs a 2 loss and they don't blow the ACC CG they are in.

I wonder why Hartman is getting no hype hes been around forever. Newman got more in 2019 after taking his job.

Hartman is listed as a RS Sophomore on their website lol. I guess it counts sat after losing his job and covid was a freebie. Who beat Mahoney in the ugly rain game?

I think a 2 loss SEC team is getting in. Wake might not get the nod over a deserving 1 loss team but if they are head to head vs a 2 loss and they don't blow the ACC CG they are in.

I wonder why Hartman is getting no hype hes been around forever. Newman got more in 2019 after taking his job.

Hartman is listed as a RS Sophomore on their website lol. I guess it counts sat after losing his job and covid was a freebie. Who beat Mahoney in the ugly rain game?

I definitely think undefeated Wake gets in over a 2 loss SEC team, but if undefeated Bama and undefeated UGA play a classic in the SECCG, it’s going to be real difficult to not put both in.

The B1G Champ is in. If Cinci goes undefeated, I think they’re in over ACC Champ Wake as the 4th.

VT could do Wake a solid and knock down that Cinci ND win a peg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom