Isaiah Jones not fine | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Isaiah Jones not fine

Dino is an interesting bird. Very good in the public eye seems like a genuinely good dude if not maybe a little eccentric. He's been solid in the CEO role given the guys he has brought in. As a recruiter not really super impressed or unimpressed just kind of meh but we've seen some good wins in the portal especially.

This kind of stuff is a little perplexing and where he clearly has a weird way of dealing with it and communicating on it. Has to be something from his past experience that made him use this approach.

What's hard to figure out is does a guy like Beck have the connections to take over if we want to ever replace Dino? At this point investment and support put him where there are no more excuses. To be clear I'm not advocating we move on actually not in the least. He's not perfect nor are we the caliber of program that should expect as much. Hopefully we can be deep enough to overcome the injuries.

Monday morning after Purdue. I went back and listened 30 times cuz I have problems. Specifically asked about Jones. No big deal. But first flat out lie in his tenure.
It IS kinda weird…

Well you see he was scheduled for zero snaps this week at practice
Sooo not limited by injury, limited my scheduled snaps

suspicious season 4 GIF

poor kid can’t make it past game 3 of the season. any other year i would say losing 2 of our top 3 receiving threats would be detrimental, but if this was a season we can absorb a couple injuries it looks like this is the year. Still it would have been nice having your all-american TE/WR, Jones and Wohlabaugh for at least part of the season. It does look like we have a glowing weakness at TE. There is nobody behind OG and i didn’t think it was possible but it only looks like we have 1 RB. We might need Marlowe to go ironman god forbid anything happen to LeQuint.

The injury last year when he was done for the season looked like no big deal at the time. Why suit him up vs Army the other regulars didn't get a ton of targets I don't think the staff wanted to throw for 500 yards and run it up on them either and we put CDRW and Price in the minute the lead was over 2 possessions.

WRs had a very nice game despite us not throwing nearly as much as we should have.

Dino is an interesting bird. Very good in the public eye seems like a genuinely good dude if not maybe a little eccentric. He's been solid in the CEO role given the guys he has brought in. As a recruiter not really super impressed or unimpressed just kind of meh but we've seen some good wins in the portal especially.

This kind of stuff is a little perplexing and where he clearly has a weird way of dealing with it and communicating on it. Has to be something from his past experience that made him use this approach.
If you watch Dino's speech at the ground breaking on Friday, he goes into a story about when he was interviewed by Kent Syverud for the HC job. Dino says all he needed from Syverud was a handshake, not a contract. I'm not sure anyone in the audience understood what he was talking about. Kind of a weird moment.

If you watch Dino's speech at the ground breaking on Friday, he goes into a story about when he was interviewed by Kent Syverud for the HC job. Dino says all he needed from Syverud was a handshake, not a contract. I'm not sure anyone in the audience understood what he was talking about. Kind of a weird moment.
Not quite sure you understand what it means when you give someone your word, it used to mean something, to some it still does.

Man I’m so frustrated to see Jones go down again after waiting all year for the get back.

Other teams can’t possibly have as many phantom injuries as we do. Half the time we lose guys for the season I never even see the injury happen.
It’s just POOF done for year.

I’m not willing to say it was a flat out lie, and I’m not an apologist. Things develop. What might’ve been true Sunday could’ve changed by Tuesday. There could be other reasons that it was withheld too.

Regardless, Dino speaks loosely. He’s not a guy that is razor sharp from an accuracy standpoint. Never has been. Although it seems cut and dry, never know what’s going on behind closed doors.

I’m not willing to say it was a flat out lie, and I’m not an apologist. Things develop. What might’ve been true Sunday could’ve changed by Tuesday. There could be other reasons that it was withheld too.

Regardless, Dino speaks loosely. He’s not a guy that is razor sharp from an accuracy standpoint. Never has been. Although it seems cut and dry, never know what’s going on behind closed doors.
Good points. “Not at all” was what makes it strange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom