It’s fun… | Syracusefan.com

It’s fun…

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
To have something to look forward to. To cheer for a team that’s having success and plays hard. That has characters, a tough as nails quarterback and a lunch pail mentaity running back that’s routinely exceptional. A linebacker whose energy level is that of Pablo Escobar’s Jack Russell Terrier and DLinemen who’ve spent a half decade bleeding Orange & Blue.

It’s not fun losing, and we may do more of that this season. But, it’s certainly a team well worth rooting for, and we just may do some more winning.

Last edited:
Playing meaningful football in November, and knowing that we can [not saying that we WILL] beat anybody on our schedule is a welcome change.

It was crushing to lose at FSU when a bad call paved the way, to lose to the best team in the conference in OT, and to lose to Clemson when we missed a kick to send it to OT. Crushing. Here's hoping that last week's victory is a turning point in the program's trajectory.

Playing meaningful football in November, and knowing that we can [not saying that we WILL] beat anybody on our schedule is a welcome change.

It was crushing to lose at FSU when a bad call paved the way, to lose to the best team in the conference in OT, and to lose to Clemson when we missed a kick to send it to OT. Crushing. Here's hoping that last week's victory is a turning point in the program's trajectory.
To Dino's credit, this team has handled adversity very, very well this year. Three losses like that are a challenge to stomach, but each time, the team came out and put forth another gritty effort.

Now, how will they deal with the prosperity that comes with a win at Lane Stadium. Human nature tells kids to take a moment and to bask in the glow of victory. But, as we saw recently with Purdue (win at #2 Iowa, get blown out at home by unranked Wisconsin), so many teams lose their way that following week.

It'll be VERY interesting to see if Dino and Schrader can keep everyone'd head screwed on straight and take care of business against a slightly undermanned BC squad, which has solid talent and a solid HC.

BIG moment that could portend future results.

This is the most enjoyable collection of SU Players for a long time. Shrader and Tucker are Harrison/McNabb like. Really enjoyable to watch and to make things happen.

we have had some decent teams in the past 20 years (far too few) but we have had a real drought in the exciting players dept (esp on offense). Both those guys are magazine cover style attractions.

Let's hope Dino can convert on a game plan to get us win #5 this Saturday. IF we can pull that one off, I don't see why we can't win out in November b/c big MO will be on our side for once.

This is definitely an exciting team, also very likeable. Also, if we win this Saturday we’re very close to a well deserved happy ending for this group.
idiocracy-dax-shepard-1300x721.jpg
I like happy endings.

Amazing how everything changes with a win. What's amazing to me is that this team could've realistically been 8-0 and ahead of Wake for the ACC Atlantic.

Wild when you think about it.

Id go as far as 6-2

Amazing how everything changes with a win. What's amazing to me is that this team could've realistically been 8-0 and ahead of Wake for the ACC Atlantic.

Wild when you think about it.
This is right.

Three games decided by literally one play.

The fourth (Rutgers) decided by a lot of ineptitude on special teams and a QB who was not the answer.

Imagine if Lustig & Hofrichter (at minimum) were still here?

I love that this season all week I’m looking forward to the next game.

The last two seasons certainly were anything but that.

I get amped reading, hearing, seeing anything about Cuse this season.

The thought we have a chance to get to a bowl makes me beyond excited.

Can’t wait for this weekend, let’s take care of BC this weekend and get a much needed rest for a week!

They could be 8-0, they could also be 2-6 if Liberty and VT go differently.

They’ve been in every game right until the end.

dont agree on Rutgers and I guess if they win every close game they are 7-1 but that’s pretty rare.

To have something to look forward to. To cheer for a team that’s having success and plays hard. That has characters, a tough as nails quarterback and a lunch pail mentaity running back that’s routinely exceptional. A linebacker whose energy level is that of Pablo Escobar’s Jack Russell Terrier and DLinemen who’ve spent a half decade bleeding Orange & Blue.

It’s not fun losing, and we may do more of that this season. But, it’s certainly a team well worth rooting for, and we just may do some more winning.
Well said.

We have arguably the best RB in the country. We are playing competitively. The kids are playing their hearts out. We may be frustrating to watch at times but we are damn entertaining as well. I think we make a bowl. I remember the Coach Mac early struggles that turned into a decade or so of excellence. Maybe we can repeat that history!

They could be 8-0, they could also be 2-6 if Liberty and VT go differently.

They’ve been in every game right until the end.
Realistically in 50-50 type games you generally expect to win at home and lose on the road. We had Rutgers, Liberty, Wake, and Clemson at home and came away with one win. We should be 2-2 or 3-1. We played FSU and VA Tech on the road. So you expect 0-2 or 1-1. Best case you expect 4-2 and worst case 2-4. We have done worse at home thus far and better on the road.

If we only get one more win it will be a slightly underachieving season. If we win two more it is what is expected. Anything more than that is gravy. The BC game is huge as we cannot go 1-4 at home against these 50-50 type games.

Amazing what a dual threat QB and an OL with technique can do. Part of the reason Shredder was and always should have been the right answer for Dino is because he makes Tucker that much better…
He makes the OL better as well, they don't have to perfect when he runs, just let him get past the first guy.

I love that this season all week I’m looking forward to the next game.

The last two seasons certainly were anything but that.

I get amped reading, hearing, seeing anything about Cuse this season.

The thought we have a chance to get to a bowl makes me beyond excited.

Can’t wait for this weekend, let’s take care of BC this weekend and get a much needed rest for a week!
Can’t wait to road trip to a bowl in your RV !

happy gerry dee GIF by Mr. D