It’s over, let’s move on | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It’s over, let’s move on

I hope the people that are demoralized from this loss have rationally thought out the reality of this game. Your without your original head coach ( Fran stated was going to be barely involved and more so evaluating then stepping in the interim staffs way). You’re without your offensive coordinator who erected this style of offense. Mike lynch was the one calling the plays, he was already our oc at one time and proven he his terrible at being a play caller lol. A bunch of guys have transferred and checked out, I’d assume that’s the same for the coaches also except the ones staying. It is perplexing that they thought this wildcat offense would be affective given the time usf had to prepare for it, but in the end idk if they had much of a choice. Tbh it was atleast a great opportunity for Fran to evaluate the team against another opponent and truly realize the level of change that needs to take place. The team out there was a dino babers team not Fran browns. It in NO WAY will reflect next year. If babers was extended, yes I would also be falling apart like some but the misery of the babers era is over. Shake it off and move on , look forward next year.
Amen

It was disgusting on every level. One of the worst performances I have seen.
It was D2 vs. Alabama terrible. I watched every horrifying second.

NBoA.gif

That stupid block in the back encapsulated so much of the undisciplined play that has hurt us over and over again in the Dino era.

I look forward to a team that hopefully doesn’t constantly kick itself in the nuts with pointless unforced penalties.

Knew it would be tough after hearing Shrader wasnt playing. USF completely shut down the run game. Stop the one threat SU has and they did it. Credit goes to them. This is what you get when you have no threat of a pass game. Passing wasn't ever good without Gadsden and you are limited on what you can do with Villari and a 3rd string QB. They were trying to make it a controlled possession game but it got ugly as soon as they went down double digits. You cant expect a Pitt type performace every time you run the wildcat. Not when a motivated team had 3 weeks to prepare for it.
And having Lynch as OC for the game was a mistake.

I don’t think I’m being over emotional, we got blown out on national television for what, the third time now this year? Also there’s a significant difference between 6-7 vs 7-6.

It’s not as easy for me to compartmentalize and say next season is a whole new slate, I cared about this one still. We were shutout in a bowl for the first time in program history.

If I went into this not caring then obviously I would be able to flush it within minutes, but that was not the case for me.
Let me legitimize what you’re feeling. Yes, winning seasons versus losing seasons matter. Sheesh, if they don’t, what’s the point in any SU season as we’re not winning any championships. So, you are right to feel the way you do.

Having said that, it is also correct to move on now. It stinks having to wait until next September to see if Fran can turn this mess into a team. That’s the downside, having to wait. Otherwise, we have hope that a new regime will make a difference. Stay tuned.

We need competent offensive linemen, desperately.
Yep - our 2nd unit is a disaster right now. Our first unit is so injury riddled it’s hard to tell up from down with them and Bleich is gone after that game.

If you were that invested in this bowl game’s outcome knowing how flawed this team currently is, what this team had to do to even get bowl eligible and that Beck was unavailable for the bowl I’m not sure what to tell you.

I wanted us to win like anyone, would have been a nice cap to the season for the hard work the kids put in, but this overemotional stuff as if we just lost the NC or something is really over the top.

To come out and look incompetent in every aspect of football and have players going half arse all over the field is not a good look no matter how you slice it.

Here is the reality. We all thought we were just a couple more portal kids away from being legit good. After seeing what I saw last night against an average team, we are a LOT of kids away from being legit good. I realize kids will be leaving, but last night should have been their showcase, their tryout. Instead they were manhandled physically. We don’t need just a couple OL, we need like 7. Now, do I think Fran can deliver…….yes. But I’m a couple months away from feeling good about this team like I felt before the game started.

Here is the reality. We all thought we were just a couple more portal kids away from being legit good. After seeing what I saw last night against an average team, we are a LOT of kids away from being legit good. I realize kids will be leaving, but last night should have been their showcase, their tryout. Instead they were manhandled physically. We don’t need just a couple OL, we need like 7. Now, do I think Fran can deliver…….yes. But I’m a couple months away from feeling good about this team like I felt before the game started.
Not directed at you or anyone in particular, but anyone who thinks we’re a couple of players away just doesn’t understand what we’ve been watching the entire year. And I say entire year because I include when we were 4-0. Fools gold.

Not directed at you or anyone in particular, but anyone who thinks we’re a couple of players away just doesn’t understand what we’ve been watching the entire year. And I say entire year because I include when we were 4-0. Fools gold.
I get it. But I know I was slightly in the camp of, hey, we are 6-6, with all these portal kids we just got and the high school recruits, we should be a solid team with the soft schedule next year. And with 2 good OL, we could be looking at a 10 win season. But after last night, we don’t have a good base or depth.

We need competent offensive linemen, desperately.
This was a different team with a healthy Shrader. Competitive vs peers. One player can make a huge difference. We will have a lot of new faces next year, some with proven experience. Anything can happen.

Agree the key is retaining/recruiting the right mix of guys on the OL.

I get it. But I know I was slightly in the camp of, hey, we are 6-6, with all these portal kids we just got and the high school recruits, we should be a solid team with the soft schedule next year. And with 2 good OL, we could be looking at a 10 win season. But after last night, we don’t have a good base or depth.
Yeah. Also, to be honest, I was upset with what I saw last night. If I knew how bad we were, then I shouldn’t be upset, right? But I get sucked in every time. I mean, I know we’re a bunch of players away from being good, yet I STILL am pissed at last night’s display! I guess that’s called being a fan.

The only concern I have is does it negatively impact some portal kids. All the kids that are contemplating cuse probably watched the game yesterday.
IDK. If it were me, I'd think I have an excellent shot at PT day 1.

I just want to apologive to Coach Nunzio and ripping him and the “old” staff last night in disappointment from the game. Watching his post game press conference was a relief. I actually really liked him and how he spoke about both the current team and new team moving forward. I am over yesterdays brutal game and onward to the new regime change and hoping for greener pastures.

Hopefully we can focus on the offensive line since this has been a huge need for us for the last 20+yrs.

I wasn't expecting a stellar performance, not surprised at all that we lost. It is how bad we lost that hurts. We are all desperate to change the narrative on Syracuse. The narrative that we are a pathetic laughingstock (oh, Syracuse has a football team?). I have faith that Fran will change that narrative.

I think back to what Villari said about the culture here vs Michigan. Dino was a good man but I am so glad Coach Fran is steering the ship now. Can't wait to see what this team looks like next season!

Yeah. Also, to be honest, I was upset with what I saw last night. If I knew how bad we were, then I shouldn’t be upset, right? But I get sucked in every time. I mean, I know we’re a bunch of players away from being good, yet I STILL am pissed at last night’s display! I guess that’s called being a fan.
I shouldn't have watched. I'm going to be pissed, all day. I hoped for some form of a competitive game. It was SO BAD.

All my good will, and hype, from the last 3 weeks, is buried under a pile of crap. I hope recruits and transfers are taking it better. Maybe I snap out of it, in a couple days, but that was a nightmare.

This is not an attempt to sugarcoat anything because that was an abomination; but, the players on that squad could not throw or catch. Not sure an OL made up of Koda Martin and Justin Pugh could have done much better when we had to run a completely one dimensional game plan. It's more an indictment of Wake that they were unable to stop us than any reflection on the future.

Though maybe I'm just coping. Time will tell.

Well I mean, not for nothing, but a team that’s 6-6 with 5 wins over teams with losing records, most of which came at the beginning of the season when we’re were semi-healthy - don’t you think it’s a little unrealistic to think a team like that is a couple of portal kids away from being a top 15 team?