It could be worse, folks ... | Syracusefan.com

It could be worse, folks ...

cto

Administrator
Got home this afternoon, turned on the tv (didn't even know what was on), and an announcer says: “There's one play left in the half.” The “one play” turned out to be a Dolphins player intercepting a Hail Mary pass by the Jets on the goal line and returning it 100 yards for a TD. After a pause, the announcer said: "Well I guess that sums up the Jets' season"

Last edited:
Got home this afternoon, turned on the tv (didn't even know what was on), and an announcer says: “There's one play left in the half.” The “one play” turned out to be Miami intercepting a Hail Mary pass by the Jets on the goal line and returning it 100 yards for a TD. After a pause, the announcer said: "Well I guess that sums up the Jets' season"
Normally you are terrified of a long field goal blocked for a return. An INT on a hail mary like that is unheard of.

Got home this afternoon, turned on the tv (didn't even know what was on), and an announcer says: “There's one play left in the half.” The “one play” turned out to be Miami intercepting a Hail Mary pass by the Jets on the goal line and returning it 100 yards for a TD. After a pause, the announcer said: "Well I guess that sums up the Jets' season"
The Jets are well, the Jets. God bless the Jets fans as they need it. I saw that play and it was a wild play.

And some TV company had some promotion going if there was a score of 98 yards or longer they'd give away free big screen TVs

What do you hear about any new coaches headed our way?

It was 99.5 yards
And might have saved my fantasy season ..

Got home this afternoon, turned on the tv (didn't even know what was on), and an announcer says: “There's one play left in the half.” The “one play” turned out to be a Dolphins player intercepting a Hail Mary pass by the Jets on the goal line and returning it 100 yards for a TD. After a pause, the announcer said: "Well I guess that sums up the Jets' season"
The Jets are misunderstood innovators. They were simply using the national spotlight to debut the hottest new trend in face-planting - "The Hail Mary Pick Six!"

I thought she was going to say ‘at least you didn’t have to interview Randy Edsall today”

IMG_1412.gif

Been there - I sat J Warren last week (who was +15 over my other RB) and lost by 3.
I took Jalen Warren against Cincy and Kyren Williams coming back against the Cards. I figured Mostert had a bad matchup. :(

Sorry for the tangent (cosine or sine), back to the stress this thread has now given me with the Chesney on campus news.

I took Jalen Warren against Cincy and Kyren Williams coming back against the Cards. I figured Mostert had a bad matchup. :(

Sorry for the tangent (cosine or sine), back to the stress this thread has now given me with the Chesney on campus news.
In other news I benched J Tucker for R Patterson. I guess zero points is better than my opponent's -1 points (DET D/ST).

tua actually threw 2 picks in the last minute of the half (one for six). the holland play was payback.

My opponent started the Detroit kicker... so a big fat -3 for the missed PAT helps.