It may be Time | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

It may be Time

They do. But if you give us lee way for a new coordinator then you have to give them some too. I’d still take a lot of their players on our team. Would you
They only lost both coordinators and 14 guys to the draft but the DB and SU defenders will make excuses for our one win season left and right

Good Lord, Syracuse’s lack of local talent is covered ad nauseam. How you’re concluding that it’s lightly posted is an absolute mystery to me. In fact, I’ll go on record as being thoroughly impressed if you can find a single post from any poster ever who has suggested that upstate NY is a rich recruiting area for football.

Also, if you’re myopic enough to not grasp that we can beat MAC locker rooms without expanding, then I’m not sure what to say other than you have a bright future in bookkeeping.

People talk about the good old days here like it was yesterday, and start sentences with the great "there's no reason that..." when there usually is every reason that. Esp in relation to other ACC schools. Every day here just about.

I have an accountant but thanks for the tip.

lol, things change bro! It ain't 2017 anymore
That does not fly.

You don't declare that you want to build the man a statue outside the dome, like he means what Ernie Davis meant to this program, and then, three years later, decide he cannot coach...

It’s time yes it’s time ! Time for all you dopes to smarten up !! In January ED Oregon how ever u spell his name ( I like the guy ) was a great coach won a chip ! Now they suck
Did he forget how to coach ? No he lost his roster . It’s a about talent and staying healthy
This team and any middle of the pack team can’t overcome this amount of injuries.
Judge the guy with a reasonable amount of injuries. Your complaints are due to coz and effect. The injuries handicap us .
Actually the jury is out on Ogeron if he can coach. Many on here including myself don't think he survives his current contract. I also think we need to stop with comp sets from schools like LSU. If we did operate on that sphere Dino would be gone already. He built the roster and depth - he needs to own that it is failing.

Actually the jury is out on Ogeron if he can coach. Many on here including myself don't think he survives his current contract. I also think we need to stop with comp sets from schools like LSU. If we did operate on that sphere Dino would be gone already. He built the roster and depth - he needs to own that it is failing.
The guy did win a National Title, some here want to give Dino a lifetime extension because he won the Camping World Bowl.

The guy did win a National Title, some here want to give Dino a lifetime extension because he won the Camping World Bowl.
ha true - I am not one of those guys. I also think EdO will be outed as a fraud by the end of next season.

It was good they gave him the extension, showed they are serious about the program.

ha true - I am not one of those guys. I also think EdO will be outed as a fraud by the end of next season.

Last year, He had probably the most pure talent of any team, the best QB and probably the best two coordinators of the year last year. It's no secret that Ed O isn't great tactician, he's a great motivator and recruiter, pure figure head really and if he doesn't have the talent and a great staff he will be exposed for sure.

It was good they gave him the extension, showed they are serious about the program.

I don't think anyone has ever considered that LSU isn't serious about their football program, they will show just how serious when they get big boosters to write the check next year and fire Ed O. Some will want to do it this year if it wasn't such a screwed up year

So you think if he finishes 1-10 this year and goes 4-8 in year 6 he keeps his job for year 7?

They can't afford the buy out. He will be here a minimum of 2 more years, unless a donor steps up with several million dollars for the buy-out, and to help hire a new guy and his staff.

That does not fly.

You don't declare that you want to build the man a statue outside the dome, like he means what Ernie Davis meant to this program, and then, three years later, decide he cannot coach...
It fly's with me and makes perfect sense and this is America I can declare what I want when I want...lol. You found a post of mine from Oct 14th of 2017 the morning after SU beat Clemson in the Dome. I was so happy that night/morning I would have given Dino the keys to my house and car. It was an exciting weekend, to say the least. I didn't know when making that post I was tied to that opinion for life :rolleyes:

Look, this is sports and it's always a fluid situation when it comes to any coach's job with the team he is leading. When you are winning and on top people praise you. When you are losing people criticize you.

And the Dino Babers of 2017/2018 I haven't seen in a long while. And I hate to break it to you but people are allowed to change their mind on who is and who isn't a good football coach based on results. Now as we sit in November of 2020 with a larger sample size and my opinion has changed. Because again, I hate to break it to you but fans (and more importantly recruits) don't care about 2017 anymore. It is a "what have you done for me lately" type of job Dino is in. And lately, he isn't getting the job done. Hence, my opinion changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom