It really is awesome how predictable that all was | Syracusefan.com

It really is awesome how predictable that all was

It really is amazing. I've tried to stay away from the board today for my own sanity, but that game was pretty much exactly what you would expect. I guess the one thing I would have expected would be more scoring, but in general, the game went according to what we all figured (feared?) would happen.

It sucks to lose any game, but BC was about 100 times worse for me. Also Duke losing Thursday was really huge for us, and makes this loss a lot easier to handle. But after the recent run of poor home games I was getting concerned about the team. We lost this game, but Duke is really good and the game was at their place, so playing them to basically a standstill (the final margin was obviously a few points too high) makes me feel pretty good about the next few weeks. Hopefully they are ready for Maryland tomorrow.

Also if you look back at the Duke-SU series for the season, we basically played 2 super close games. The most "fair" outcome was each team took a game, which is what happened. I think the order of the games helped too; if last night was the first one then losing first would have really hurt, but knowing we already had a win made things a little easier. (For me at least).

it looks like unless we beat UVA next week we're looking at a probable rematch with Duke in the ACC semis.

One thing we learned is that if Syracuse and Duke played 20 times they would probably win 10 each. Both teams felt a single call cost them the game they lost. These are absolutely evenly matched teams. I'm just thrilled to have conference opponent like that who will play is straight up. UNC did as well. Soooo much better than Pitt.

One thing we learned is that if Syracuse and Duke played 20 times they would probably win 10 each. Both teams felt a single call cost them the game they lost. These are absolutely evenly matched teams. I'm just thrilled to have conference opponent like that who will play is straight up. UNC did as well. Soooo much better than Pitt.

I also think that after just 2 games, this has become probably the second best rivalry in the conference. You're gonna see Boeheim tearing his coat off for 20 years

It really is amazing. I've tried to stay away from the board today for my own sanity, but that game was pretty much exactly what you would expect. I guess the one thing I would have expected would be more scoring, but in general, the game went according to what we all figured (feared?) would happen.

It sucks to lose any game, but BC was about 100 times worse for me. Also Duke losing Thursday was really huge for us, and makes this loss a lot easier to handle. But after the recent run of poor home games I was getting concerned about the team. We lost this game, but Duke is really good and the game was at their place, so playing them to basically a standstill (the final margin was obviously a few points too high) makes me feel pretty good about the next few weeks. Hopefully they are ready for Maryland tomorrow.

Also if you look back at the Duke-SU series for the season, we basically played 2 super close games. The most "fair" outcome was each team took a game, which is what happened. I think the order of the games helped too; if last night was the first one then losing first would have really hurt, but knowing we already had a win made things a little easier. (For me at least).

it looks like unless we beat UVA next week we're looking at a probable rematch with Duke in the ACC semis.

I feel like you do, Knicks. I am thrilled that we battled them to a draw. It gives me hope that they will right the ship. I think Boeheim is doing everything he can to make sure they do. I am feeling cheerful today!

I also think that after just 2 games, this has become probably the second best rivalry in the conference. You're gonna see Boeheim tearing his coat off for 20 years

Im not sure JB will be tearing his coat off at 89. The arm might come off with the coat.

I feel like you do, Knicks. I am thrilled that we battled them to a draw. It gives me hope that they will right the ship. I think Boeheim is doing everything he can to make sure they do. I am feeling cheerful today!
It's funny - I feel the same way. Felt a lot worse after the BC game. And I should feel bad today after the call last night. But I feel more like you do, that JB stood up for everyone there and has lit a fire that will hopefully help us the rest of the way. I guess that's how you feel sometimes when you feel the whole world is against you or got a raw deal - fired up and ready to get after them! Let's Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom