It's a small thing, but the Gill drop | Syracusefan.com

It's a small thing, but the Gill drop

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Really would have been nice if Gill could have hauled in that TD pass.

We went from our last possession being a TD drive to an interception.

The TD would have been somewhat meaningless really, but we would have made a play and you say, that's something those guys can build off of.

The field goal try and punt would have still been nonsensical decisions, but at least CD-RW and Gill would have had a cool TD.

Would’ve been a hell of a catch. I wouldn’t really call it a drop but point taken.

I don’t know if Wilson can be the guy, I guess I lean more on the no side. But I like the way he hangs in the pocket trying to let his receivers come out of their breaks. Saw this on the Adams incomplete but the Db was all over him. I just wish he was a little more cerebral and not so spazzy.

Would’ve been a hell of a catch. I wouldn’t really call it a drop but point taken.

I don’t know if Wilson can be the guy, I guess I lean more on the no side. But I like the way he hangs in the pocket trying to let his receivers come out of their breaks. Saw this on the Adams incomplete but the Db was all over him. I just wish he was a little more cerebral and not so spazzy.
Definitely not an easy catch, but he was so close to having it, the play was definitely there.

Gill had position on the corner so the pass should have been back corner of the endzone but CDRW put the ball inside making it a tougher catch and giving the corner an opportunity to disrupt the play.

SU receivers only make easy catches. You never see them make difficult catches. They also drop wide open EASY touchdown passes too.
IIRC before the three losses our biggest threat WR Damien Alford aka the “Moose” made some great falling on his back catches.
Or was I hallucinating.

Easy now. I got eviscerated a few weeks when I argued he was limited and did not make the easy look easy.

Orange on orange crime is not permitted.

CDRW is not the answer. I think that’s pretty clear. I would love to get someone with experience in the MAC or SunBelt who is looking to step up In competition.
The staff has seen enough of him at this point. We'll know pretty quick once the portal opens.

The staff has seen enough of him at this point. We'll know pretty quick once the portal opens.
He's already used his freebie.

I am expecting that with an opening that we shop.

CDRW is not the answer. I think that’s pretty clear. I would love to get someone with experience in the MAC or SunBelt who is looking to step up In competition.
It's too bad that our starter can't throw the ball with as much Zip on it as CDRW does cause he throws his passes a lot softer and gives defense time to recover.

So about the same size as Jalin Hyatt of the Giants.

Hyatt was 185 last year.

Hyatt has immensely more talent than Gill.

Last edited: