Its Georgetown - barring a change in the next 3 hours... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Its Georgetown - barring a change in the next 3 hours...

Knew it. Glad its over

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If Noel is as good as advertised, I think Gtown is gonna be real good next year.

Jake et al, would be interested in reason why he chose GT. I know mom really was swayed...but what was the negatives about 'Cuse since one of his better friends are on the team; he felt more comfortible at 'Cuse...and the offense is more to his liking vs the Princeton offense; and the players are better at 'Cuse.
I had mentioned in previous posts that we have a talented front line and minutes, even if NN started, may be somewhat limited vs going to GT or even KY.

What are the reasons (did the Fine situation break the back)?????

Jake et al, would be interested in reason why he chose GT. I know mom really was swayed...but what was the negatives about 'Cuse since one of his better friends are on the team; he felt more comfortible at 'Cuse...and the offense is more to his liking vs the Princeton offense; and the players are better at 'Cuse.
I had mentioned in previous posts that we have a talented front line and minutes, even if NN started, may be somewhat limited vs going to GT or even KY.

What are the reasons (did the Fine situation break the back)?????

I'm guessing it was Fine...followed by the media blitz to get Boeheim fired...followed by the first Fab suspension...then the bogus yahoo.sports drug report...followed by Fab suspension #2

God damn you Bernie Fine, Bobby Davis, Fab Melo, and yahoo.sports!

Seriously is ing absurd that he would pick Gtown. I really loathe the recruiting process honestly. ing corrupt system. Even when we win, we lose

Also..like it or not, race was involved

Due to our heavy recruitment of Noel, I wonder what kind of motivation, if any, this gives our bigs? Positive or Negative?

Could see Rak get motivated a vastly improve like Fab.

I think Noel would have a tough time against DC2. DC2 is very good defensively and better offensively. Would be an interesting matchup actually.

He is a momas boy and his mom loved the johns period.

He is a momas boy and his mom loved the johns period.

Gonna be in for a rude awakening when he reaches the campus and sees who surrounds him.

Dude ... where is "hate" button

I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but I'm not going to say they're going to suck just because we didn't get Noel. I expect we'll be better than they are.

Ugh... Wind out of sails
Call me crazy but if we could not get him I prefer him at Gtown rather than Kentucky. My hatred for Gtown has ebbed a bit over the years, and my hatred for Kentucky has increased exponentially. Throw Calipari in the mix and it almost seems logical. And I go back as a SU fan to the days when Georgetown was a single digit win team.
I am actually going to be semi-ecstatic when Kentucky gets shut out of both Noel and Shabazz. Realistically this is a bigger blow to Kentucky than to us. This will reinfer back onto them their mere mortality. The bummer is they are probably going to get Bennett who may be just a notch below Shabazz, but may end up being more well rounded than Noel. All in all we will be OK. Just think . in a way, we will have 2 McD AA coming in, who for all intents and purposes, are freshman when it comes to game experience. Actually I think the more detrimental issue for our NC chances next year is not Kentucky but Indiana with Zellar and Watford coming back.

I really think NN is going to regret his decision and then it will be too late.

He bought into Big Man U and his mom loved it.

It seems like Noel cared more about developing himself as a big man than winning a title, which is his choice. Let's face it, if he came here, it would be to play with MCW and win a title. He'll develop better offensively at GTown because they'll run their O through him. Here most of his points would come from putbacks/transition/lobs. He's more of a floater offensively than a true, low post big man.

I told ya'll. My sources>>>>>albanycuse and francis

Syracuse never had a shot with Noel because of his mom

Adds more fuel to the Gtown rivalry next year...and face it, he's one and done anyway.

Please please please please please let's not meltdown and go after the kid.

He's still got a friend we want next year.

Being everyone who has posted seems to have jumped ship, am I the only one who thinks the teammate could be wrong? I may have to re-read it, but if I remember correctly there were 2 points of contention I could make if I still had any NN energy left. Dammit, where is Mantonio??

Call me crazy but if we could not get him I prefer him at Gtown rather than Kentucky. My hatred for Gtown has ebbed a bit over the years, and my hatred for Kentucky has increased exponentially. Throw Calipari in the mix and it almost seems logical. And I go back as a SU fan to the days when Georgetown was a single digit win team.
I am actually going to be semi-ecstatic when Kentucky gets shut out of both Noel and Shabazz. Realistically this is a bigger blow to Kentucky than to us. This will reinfer back onto them their mere mortality. The bummer is they are probably going to get Bennett who may be just a notch below Shabazz, but may end up being more well rounded than Noel. All in all we will be OK. Just think . in a way, we will have 2 McD AA coming in, who for all intents and purposes, are freshman when it comes to game experience. Actually I think the more detrimental issue for our NC chances next year is not Kentucky but Indiana with Zellar and Watford coming back.
The GTown/SU rivalry is dying down simply because we are better, it's hard to argue that. Their still pr*cks but it's in the historical sense, they haven't done much lately to warrant hatred.

For Gtown's sake, I hope Noel has more of an impact on their program than Monroe did. For all of his hype, I thought that Monroe's college career was somewhat of a disappointment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom