Its Georgetown - barring a change in the next 3 hours... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Its Georgetown - barring a change in the next 3 hours...

I can't say I'm surprised that an elite recruit would choose a school where there is virtually no competition for playing time over a school where competition for playing time exists.

Gonna catch it for this, but I thought Alonzo Mourning had a lot to do with that. He was/is a gentleman - tough as titanium nails - but a gentleman, not the thugs that his predecessors were.

and I doubt there will be one.
is it true that he never even made a visit to their campus or a game as I heard on the local sports talk radio today? Has that ever happened with a big time recruit? Smells weird to me.

For Gtown's sake, I hope Noel has more of an impact on their program than Monroe did. For all of his hype, I thought that Monroe's college career was somewhat of a disappointment.

Zero ncaa wins agrees with you

Who goes to their safety school if they don't have to? They really did a great job selling the school by not having him attend a game and keeping him from realizing they only have 500 fans.

Yeah we were in it but lost anyways. Never a good feeling. I guess the quote, "If you didn't hear it from my mouth" didn't mean much because we found out anyways.

So Nerlens Noel's mom truly is a Hoya? Maybe MCW sent him a "Your mother's a Hoya" shirt for his birthday.

I show no bitterness towards Noel for choosing Georgetown over Syracuse. I will show hate towards him for being a Hoya though. It's just how the world turns.

I show no bitterness towards Noel for choosing Georgetown over Syracuse. I will show hate towards him for being a Hoya though. It's just how the world turns.

Good post.

So, this is how the passengers on the Titanic felt. :(

you've got your metaphor backwards - this is how the iceberg felt. SU is loaded and will cruise along unaffected by this little bump

He visited Georgetown, but never for a game. I mean if you were georgetown recruiting against our and Kentucky's game atmosphere you keep the kid away from the Morgue center too wouldn't you?

It sounds like his mom had a ton of influence here. But I don't see how you can't love the fire and energy of Hop and the HOF credentials of one JAB. It sounds to me like she wanted him at a place where the lights were dimmer and he wasn't under as much pressure to perform. I don't see how having one year at GTown will benefit him much on the court.

Noel said he was all about family, and the family atmosphere. SU BBall alumni ARE FAMILY. You don't see that at many other schools, if any at all. What JB has built is something special. The only guys you ever see or hear about regarding GTown are Ewing, Mourning and Mutombo. Where are the rest of the players? Are team reunions limited to those three and the Thompson Family? I don't see the GTown players being that close knit of a group.

Maybe, in the end, it was about pleasing mom AND getting to the NBA? I would like to know what his mom's reservations were with Syracuse, though. Hopefully it wasn't the Fab academics debacle that tipped her. If so, damn you Fab Melo...twice.

Jake - would you give us even a Lloyd Christmas chance of this changing by the time he announces?

lol grasping for straws.
Really just trying to figure out whether it's worth my time to watch the announcement. I'd hate to miss it if he DOES now shock the world.

Gonna catch it for this, but I thought Alonzo Mourning had a lot to do with that. He was/is a gentleman - tough as titanium nails - but a gentleman, not the thugs that his predecessors were.
Nadev Henefeld might have a different opinion.

Really just trying to figure out whether it's worth my time to watch the announcement. I'd hate to miss it if he DOES now shock the world.
good point but if you do miss is, espn will replay it 50 times before the weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom