It's not always about the game. | Syracusefan.com

It's not always about the game.

WOW that was powerful
Having lost my mother, father and sister to cancer that is a great story that has me in tears
What strength she had to make it thru that game
Gotta love college basketball and the intense passion of the fans

OO44

You know, based on Merediths passion for her Heels, it IS all about the game !!!!

Having lost my mother to cancer last year, I was really moved by this story.

What an awesome display of toughness / courage. I'm really happy she got to see her team win that game.

To echo an earlier poster--awesome.

WOW that was powerful
Having lost my mother, father and sister to cancer that is a great story that has me in tears
What strength she had to make it thru that game
Gotta love college basketball and the intense passion of the fans

OO44

You know, based on Merediths passion for her Heels, it IS all about the game !!!!
Damn those onions, RIP Meredith.

Same here--it sounds foolish, but I was moved to tears by this story.

Wow - it got me too. Great story. People that fight cancer are just amazing people, regardless of how it turns out.

She certainly has a great seat to watch any game she wants to now, pain free and at peace. Makes all the problems I have that I think are so big now seem so small.

Nice story, well done - thanks for posting.

Reminds me of last year. My friend was dying of pancreatic cancer. I got tickets for us to see the SU - GTown game together at the Dome. He didn't make it and as fate would have it, his funeral was the very morning of that game. His wife and son went to the game with me and my son. That was over a year ago now. I know Chris was looking down on the team last year as we made that Final 4 run. Here's hoping he can look down on an NC this year. We miss you big guy.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3350&ATCLID=209415803

"This feels," she said, "so good."

Monday 7:15 p.m. update: Meredith passed away this morning after a five-year battle with cancer, eight days shy of her 27th birthday. Her father, Basil Legg, said, "We were all together and she was at peace."
Wow just wow. What a woman. As I was watching that game there was something other worldly about that game they way they cam back and the way Duke folded. Now I know why, something bigger was working there. What a story.

That is the definition of tenacity. Great character and strength. Thank you for sharing.