It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers | Syracusefan.com

It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers

orange7

Starter
Gentlemen,

Faith is belief without evidence...but we cannot believe if we had one fluke season out of four in Babers tenure here. Wildhack and the Athletic Department better get moving...and moving fast. Babers is in over his head. Look at the stats...

Our Record
2016...4-8
2017...4-8
2018...10-3; and I honestly do not give him much credit that year led by a senior quarterback in Eric Dungey, 5th year senior wideout in Custis, veteran offensive line and most importantly a weak strength of schedule. Louisville was down last year...Florida State was down last year...UNC was very bad that year, but are much better this year as they may make a bowl this year. That record was a paper tiger.
2019...soon to be 4-8 after an increase in season tickets.

Overall record...22-27 with a fluke 10-3 season in there. Guys the ACC is not a gauntlet...Take out the outlier and its an average record of 4-8. This is Shafer-esque. Our defense is getting shredded and our offense has been figured out.

Player Morale
Dino has lost this team...Harris with his outbursts which are visible on the field...players laughing and joking around on the sideline after getting their butts kicked in. DIno does not even look engaged on the sideline. I saw the same loss of emotion with Marrone the year before he left. It is a sense of giving up or he doesn't know how to fix the issue.

Recruiting
We are recruiting worse and worse every year. We are at the bottom of the ACC in recruiting even after a 10 win season. We already fired our D-coordinator. Face it---Dino's defense is pathetic with the talent that is back there. The offense is not the new fast as we have got out-gained throughout the year.

My passion is still there, but tonight and this season was an eye-opener. Disucss.

Lmao. No comment on this tomfoolery

So are you saying you are happy with the player morale on the sideline? That all starts with the head coach allowing it. Guys literally did not care and their body language showed it. Are you happy with three 4-8 losing seasons out of 4? Baber's counterpart got fired for doing the exact same thing? This is a results-oriented business...

So are you saying you are happy with the player morale on the sideline? That all starts with the head coach allowing it. Guys literally did not care and their body language showed it. Are you happy with three 4-8 losing seasons out of 4? Baber's counterpart got fired for doing the exact same thing? This is a results-oriented business...

Body language expert.

I don’t know much but from the person I talk to who is related to someone on the team they seem to still be relatively focused. I like a good chunk of our young talent and getting rid of some of the seniors and transfers will do us good imo

b0b647c8dc08abb356603872982abde903bae2f2.gifv

What "counterpart"? Are you talking about Shafer? He was a great guy, but not cut out to be a head coach. Show me his 10-3 season.

He gets another year, but has to replace a lot of staff. I can't imagine that he won't because it's his butt that will be on the line.
Yep - coaches are a selfish lot. Friendship and loyalty can only go so far. It's the business.
1574561846509.gif

Here's hope for next year.

They fixed the OL and the run game.

All in all DeVito did not play bad this year.

They have talented kids making plays end of year that will carry over to next year.

Most likely a new DC

I'm comfortable to say we go bowling next year.

I'm still very Pro-Dino, but I don't disagree with this. He has really difficult decisions to deal with in about 10 days time.
Thats a given and would have anyway

Dino came in with a gimmick offense. Now everyone plays fast. His recruiting classes are consistently amongst the lowest ranked in the conference. Thank Tim Lester for last year, not Dino. I no longer believe without evidence.

You saying unc is good this week ear makes the rest of your post irrelevant since you have to on some good stuff to think that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom