It's too quiet ... more expansion news? | Syracusefan.com

It's too quiet ... more expansion news?

SkanSU

Starter
While WVU is awaiting word from either the SEC or Big12 (Soon to be 8) Mizzou has announced they are looking for a new date to the dance. While they prefer the B1G they would "take" the SEC. IMO it would take a huge effort by the Big12 to keep Mizzou in the fold. That may certainly put a dampening effect on the SEC to take WVU. However, the Big12 wants to bring the league back up and are looking at ... ready ... WVU, Louisville, TCU, and BYU. The downer with BYU is the independent TV contracts again. If they took 2 of the BE teams ... ouch!! Big12 says ... week to 10 days for an announcement. Seems like negotiations are already in the works.

ESPN Insider today indicating the Mizzou does not have the nine votes required for acceptance...seems like it is probably 8 from the article. Mizzou has acted like a whiney child...I want the big 10 and lost...now says okay we will take SEC...if I was the SEC I would say...go..f..k yourself.

This then leaves WVU in a bind as far as ability to get out. Big 10 and ACC won't take WVU on academics...that leaves the SEC and Big 12 (or Big 9 or Big 8 or Texas and Okla). Of course the BE is available...and just think, the BE is on its knees hoping WVU doesn't get an invitation to either of these...
Going to be fun over the next 2-4 weeks.

just did my quick review of At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. and WVU and others...there is so much concern and high hopes for escaping the BE...Mizzou is screwing with these guys...so many stories being made up yet followed.

Gotta say: isnt it terrific we are in the ACC!!!!! and not left behind

All emotions put aside, moving to the ACC was 100% the right move

TCU has invitation from Big-12. Won't be in the Big East. You guys made the right move!

Yep, here's the CBS links.

CBS says TCU is next to B12, not BE. has to pay another $5 Million exit fee but does not have to wait 27 months, can go next year.

If Missouri stays in B12, then B12 would pause at 10. If not, B12 may deplete BE to get to 12.

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32536267

Link: CBS Says TCU to B12 before BYU

That may be the shortest conference association on record. The Big East is getting pretty good at collecting exit fees. Might be a better strategy than trying to get to a number that would allow a conference championship.

Well, as anticipated 1 more BE team down ... and the one they brought in for football, too. Ooops. Now, according to the article Alabama is the stickler ... but that possibly big money from St. Louis sure sounds good. So ... if Mizzou ends up in the SEC (likely) then the Big 10 may take another BE school (WVU or Louisville) or try to do some deal with BYU. I also heard that Tulane may bein the mix for the Big 10 as well. Good size market in Louisiana. I am beginning to feel very badly for WVU ... seems to be everybody's bastard child. They want a good family but nobody seems to want them.

Well, as anticipated 1 more BE team down ... and the one they brought in for football, too. Ooops. Now, according to the article Alabama is the stickler ... but that possibly big money from St. Louis sure sounds good. So ... if Mizzou ends up in the SEC (likely) then the Big 10 may take another BE school (WVU or Louisville) or try to do some deal with BYU. I also heard that Tulane may bein the mix for the Big 10 as well. Good size market in Louisiana. I am beginning to feel very badly for WVU ... seems to be everybody's ******* child. They want a good family but nobody seems to want them.

-----------------

WVU or Louisville or BYU or Tulane to Big 10????????????????????

-----------------

Big 10 has 12 teams and Big 12 has 10 teams at moment but sure poster meant B12.

Some people use the designation B1G for Big Ten, not sure of the derivation other than a play on Big, 1 before G except after C..

-----------------

Oops ... meant Big 12 ... altho there aren't 12 teams in the Big 12 just like there aren't 10 teams in the Big 10 ... This is starting to get confusing. Let's see with Nebraska the Big 10 has 12 (Big 12) while the Big 12 after losing Nebraska, Colorado, and Mizzou but adding TCU becomes 10 (Big 10) ... so the Big 10 is now the Big 12 and the Big 12 is now the Big 10?? and the BE is down the flusher.

Oops ... meant Big 12 ... altho there aren't 12 teams in the Big 12 just like there aren't 10 teams in the Big 10 ... This is starting to get confusing. Let's see with Nebraska the Big 10 has 12 (Big 12) while the Big 12 after losing Nebraska, Colorado, and Mizzou but adding TCU becomes 10 (Big 10) ... so the Big 10 is now the Big 12 and the Big 12 is now the Big 10?? and the BE is down the flusher.
You forgot losing A & M. At this moment, your correct that it is 10- MU is still there (the last time I looked, but who knows) :crazy:

I don't think Tulane is going anywhere. There were about 45 fans in the superdome last night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom