i've never been a big man vs. zone guy | Syracusefan.com

i've never been a big man vs. zone guy

orangehomer

All American
to me defense is all ball-you-man, whether it is zone or man the principles of defense are essentially the same. having said that, today's display of zone defense was a complete joke. boeheim at this point, is either being stubborn just to be a jerk, or because he is unable to coach these players. zone was a bad matchup against this team, great passers and shooters. yet we played 40 minutes of zone, even though we had superior athletes at virtually every position. not better basketball players, but better athletes. the fact that boeheim played 40 minutes of zone today, and got schooled by mike brey, tells me he is done. he is not coaching this team anymore, he is coaching his system so that he can blame the players. jim, you have earned the right to handle this however you want. but just retire, you aren't into it, you can't reach these kids and you are killing recruiting. retire, and you can do all the fund-raising you want and all the other BS. you are not coaching basketball anymore, just admit it and move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom