Jalen transferring? | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen transferring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people in HR. He made $2.7 last year and got a boost in the extension.
yeah, he is making what he is worth. Sweet 16 last year. 2 final fours in the previous 5 or 6 years to that. And with regards to your B.C. post, I would take popovic on our team. We would never recruit him but 13 ppg and 7 rebounds is okay in my book.

Didn’t Jalen score 26 against UConn in the Garden? You don’t do that unless you’ve got talent. I hope he works thru it all.

I hope he works through it too, and I'm hesitant to post this because of how it may be interpretted(I dont have a true horse in this thread, at the moment anyhow)...but as a factual matter Matthew Moyer also had 18 points, 8 boards, and a steal vs UConn in the Garden.

Check out this "unlikely" cast of heroes. Hard not to smile watching this! (maybe many of us in this thread could use a smile)

Not picking sides here...But the 8-3 path hasn't really shown if this team can beat good teams yet. Drop the Duke talk. Did you see what Jones means to the Duke lineup? I would take him right behind Zion. Plus , our non-conference record (besides the big Cornell win)... SUCKS!!
“You are, what your record says you are. Period”. -Bill Parcells -

Not picking sides here...But the 8-3 path hasn't really shown if this team can beat good teams yet. Drop the Duke talk. Did you see what Jones means to the Duke lineup? I would take him right behind Zion. Plus , our non-conference record (besides the big Cornell win)... SUCKS!!
Duke beat UVA without Jones the first time.

I'm curious what you 'don't see' with Battle, the only statistic you've cited is a 30% 3-point percentage with no context. He's the defensive focal point of a largely unimaginative offense, playing with a center that basically doesn't have hands. For context, he's an 80% FT shooter, his shot isn't irreparably broken. He shot 80% from 3 on the NBA 3-point racks at the combine. He has good size and quickness at 6'7'' for an NBA 2-guard. By all accounts he's a hard-worker and a good person. He will get a chance in the NBA, whether he makes it, like the majority of NBA draft picks, largely depends on situation and to state that he absolutely won't get a chance is just wrong.
Scotty, this guy thinks he is some kind of talent evaluating guru and he really doesn't know much if anything. Also thinks he is mentally tougher than everyone. Probably just another keyboard tough guy.

Other than a cryptic tweet, do we know he's considering a transfer? Someone else used that term, not him. Are we making up an issue that doesn't exist?
No and quite possibly.

I'm rooting for the optimists to be right in real life, but on paper I'm not yet convinced of much.
You know Mike? You talk to him?

I never claimed to. As an Orange fan, I'm not particularly fond of UNC grads.

If I did, it wouldn't make any difference as to what I posted in this thread.

That same Duke team sans Jones beat UVA so yeah that silly talking points not gonna work.

To be fair, they were missing more than just Jones for our game(Reddish...2 of the top 4 stars out), and losing someone during the game vs having planned your game in advance makes a difference. That said, I agree their win was still impressive.

stop. There is a difference between not playing well or not shooting well and being a disaster. Carey consistently turns the ball over for opposing teams layups. I wish nothing best for the kid but he kills us out there.

Treat everyone the same period and then there are no issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors