Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

Is Jamal Murray the Next Tyler Ennis?

I wonder if Tyler's success pushes him away from Cuse? Might want to start his own legacy.
Tyler doesn't even have a legacy yet so I'm not following you here. Ennis isn't some attention seeking kid that dominates the spotlight, there is no legacy to be followed. As of now, Ennis is just a very good freshman. If Murray is deterred by Ennis being Canadfian and being here and gone before Murray arrives, that would be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You don't see great prospects go to crap schools because good players played at that program before you. If anything, Ennis being great would push Murray here, not the other way around.

Tyler doesn't even have a legacy yet so I'm not following you here. Ennis isn't some attention seeking kid that dominates the spotlight, there is no legacy to be followed. As of now, Ennis is just a very good freshman. If Murray is deterred by Ennis being Canadfian and being here and gone before Murray arrives, that would be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You don't see great prospects go to crap schools because good players played at that program before you. If anything, Ennis being great would push Murray here, not the other way around.
huh?

See, that's just the beauty of this article. Who would have thought that halfway through his first season, there would be an article entitled "Is Jamal Murray the Next Tyler Ennis"?
Just good things, the Creator is a very special floor general.

All that said, I hope we are in the running for Jamal's services. He is also a bad, bad man.

Haven't read the board in a while, a lot of great nuggets the last few weeks! I don't know who sounds more impressive, Battle or Murray. Are both a possibility, or are they both PG's and if one commits, the other looks elsewhere?

I'd love a backcourt of two Tyler Ennis', esp. if we are recruited bigger 2's, and 3/4's that can shoot...

Haven't read the board in a while, a lot of great nuggets the last few weeks! I don't know who sounds more impressive, Battle or Murray. Are both a possibility, or are they both PG's and if one commits, the other looks elsewhere?

I'd love a backcourt of two Tyler Ennis', esp. if we are recruited bigger 2's, and 3/4's that can shoot...
Great question, as I believe they are both combo guards, maybe both even strictly point guards. We've had a place for guys like this who are able to co-exist, ie Triche-MCW, Triche-Scoop, etc, but I love the presence of two guys who can handle and distribute playing in the same lineup. Good selling point for both.

I was wondering the same thing, and I agree with Tee, I think they can co-exist. It may be a tricky sell, but if they both want to be here, it can work.

huh?
Debunking your question of Ennis pushing away Murray. How could the success of one Canadian push another one away? If anything, seeing the success of Ennis would make Murray want to come here more, seeing that the system and culture of Syracuse works for point guards who come from CIA Bounce.

I wonder if Tyler's success pushes him away from Cuse? Might want to start his own legacy.

Debunking your question of Ennis pushing away Murray. How could the success of one Canadian push another one away? If anything, seeing the success of Ennis would make Murray want to come here more, seeing that the system and culture of Syracuse works for point guards who come from CIA Bounce.
What exactly did you debunk? My opinion that a player might choose his own path? That's not exactly radical stuff if you follow recruiting.

And to your legacy question I really have no clue what you are talking about. When did I imply that "Ennis [is] some attention seeking kid that dominates the spotlight".

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing, and I agree with Tee, I think they can co-exist. It may be a tricky sell, but if they both want to be here, it can work.

They can definitely co-exist, would be nice to get them both, but can you imagine a possible backcourt of Joseph, Battle, Murray, Malachi, and Patterson? No one could top those 5. We would have one of the best back courts of all-time.

What exactly did you debunk? My opinion that a player might chose his own path? That's not exactly radical stuff if you follow recruiting.

And to your legacy question I really have no clue what you are talking about. When did I imply that "Ennis [is] some attention seeking kid that dominates the spotlight".
I never said that you said Ennis is dominating the spotlight. But a kid like Ennis who just does his business and doesn't talk wouldn't really create a deterrent to other kids. If anything, seeing kids like Ennis at Syracuse would push kids toward SU, for two reasons. First, people would want to play with a kid like that, selfless, smart, winner. And second, they see that freshman can thrive at other schools besides UK, KU, Duke and UNC. Any top school Murray goes to will most likely have a good point guard that played in the last 1-2 years, so anywhere he goes he'll be following someone's footsteps anyway.

I think my original post was kind of just a confusing, rambling mess and that didn't help prove my point. Anyway, we just have two differing viewpoints on this, so although I respect yours, I disagree with it.

Murray mix:
Kid's a gamer. 0:54 Tyler Ennis style buzzer beater. edowd26 , he's Canadian and he like maple leaves. Who doesn't? ;)
But, I have to ask. Who created this video? Some kid watching a tube tv through a reverse peephole? You know I still love your work bro!

Kid's a gamer. 0:54 Tyler Ennis style buzzer beater. edowd26 , he's Canadian and he like maple leaves. Who doesn't? ;)
But, I have to ask. Who created this video? Some kid watching a tube tv through a reverse peephole? You know I still love your work bro!
Murray needs to stop playing JV ball out in Canada and find himself a good prep school in the states next season. Will be best for his development to step the competition up if he wants to be on the same level as his boy Tyler Ennis.

Hey! Only post what I can get. If I was there, the footage would be shot with better consistency...haha.

His three point shot form concerns me...

Hey! Only post what I can get. If I was there, the footage would be shot with better consistency...haha.

His three point shot form concerns me...
All good, but form can be corrected. What I like about him from what I saw in international play were the intangibles, plays smart like Ennis. He's going to be a good one on the next level.

Liked Murray in the Nike Hoop Summit. Was long, decent handle, great jumper. Made me think of MCW with a three point shot, but not as good of a passer as MCW. Still a top prospect definitely worth pursuing to the end.

Can you imagine Murray and Battle in the backcourt?
Would we go after both kids? Or just a one or the other (or neither if luck isn't on our side) kinda deal? I have no idea what size class this will be, but i imagine we will really want another big to come in regardless of whether we add a Bryant/ Diagne to the mix in 2015

Would we go after both kids? Or just a one or the other (or neither if luck isn't on our side) kinda deal? I have no idea what size class this will be, but i imagine we will really want another big to come in regardless of whether we add a Bryant/ Diagne to the mix in 2015

We will go after both if Kaleb or Malachi leave early. If Kaleb stays for 3 and Malachi 2 then we will only need to go after 1 of Battle and Murray.

Murray, Alexander of CIA Bounce Triggering College Interest

“We get probably 20 calls a day from high-major schools on Jamal,” Larry Blunt, the head coach at Canada’s Athlete Institute and an assistant with CIA Bounce told SNY.tv.

Blunt listed Syracuse, Georgetown, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Virginia and Virginia Tech among those calling on the 6-foot-5 Murray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom