James Lofton makes snarky remark about Syracuse... | Syracusefan.com

James Lofton makes snarky remark about Syracuse...

orangecuse

Hall of Fame
During the Browns vs. Jaguars broadcast yesterday. In the 4Q, after a promo for upcoming Thanksgiving weekend games (specifically Alabama vs. Auburn) Lofton commented how he loved college football this time of year and rivalry games, etc. He then mentioned Stanford and how they annually play their rival for the Axe, then asked his colleague (Andrew Catalon, SU alum doing the play by play) What does Syracuse have, anyone/anything rather facetiously, in addition to adding; "Do they play for, a Fig Newton?" Andrew's response was after yesterday's lopsided loss to Louisville, the timing was bad to talk SU football...or something along those lines.

Until we can win 6 games it's deserved.

During the Browns vs. Jaguars broadcast yesterday. In the 4Q, after a promo for upcoming Thanksgiving weekend games (specifically Alabama vs. Auburn) Lofton commented how he loved college football this time of year and rivalry games, etc. He then mentioned Stanford and how they annually play their rival for the Axe, then asked his colleague (Andrew Catalon, SU alum doing the play by play) What does Syracuse have, anyone/anything rather facetiously, in addition to adding; "Do they play for, a Fig Newton?" Andrew's response was after yesterday's lopsided loss to Louisville, the timing was bad to talk SU football...or something along those lines.
Syracuse produced Clevelands greatest player and the coach thats pulling the jags out of the grave.

But yeah we’re smalltime.

What a jackwagon

Someone should tell him that Syracuse has almost 3 times as many Pro Football Hall of Famers as Stanford. And that the most memorable moment of Stanford football involved their band.
(And Lofton wouldn't start on SU's all-time team.)

Why were you watching the 4th quarter of the Browns/Jags game?

Well, I'm a diehard Browns fan and I've been my entire life, just like I'm a diehard 'Cuse fan. So, you can only imagine what my weekends are like, especially since '99 when Cleveland got their team back, combined with two decades of generally abysmal SU football. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. ;):bat:

Last edited:
Well, I'm a diehard Browns fan and I've been my entire life, just like I'm a diehard 'Cuse fan. So, you can only imagine what my weekends are like, especially since '99 when Cleveland got their team back, combined with two decades of generally abysmal SU football. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. ;):bat:
You're speaking to a Jets/Syracuse fan so I know all about miserable weekends, too.

So sorry for what ownership has done to that once proud franchise.

Junk the awful uniforms to start - go back to the Leroy Kelly, Bernie Kosar all white look - home and away.

I'm sorry, is there anything that I can do for you?

axe1.jpg
I had no idea that Lofton was even a broadcaster. Why in the world would anyone want a trophy that looked like this?

Lindsley's face always looks like he just came out of a 12 rounder with the heavyweight champ.

Actually it looks like a mug shot after a 12 rounder in a bar.

Lindsley just got fired. I knew he was hammered on the air after last weeks game. He was slurring everything. I remember being shocked that he was drunk on the air.

You're speaking to a Jets/Syracuse fan so I know all about miserable weekends, too.

With the exception of a slight blip of sunshine last season and nice run from 2000-2002 I've had same experience as a Raiders/Syracuse fan.