Class of 2016 - January 15th weekend will be a tough sell IMO | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 January 15th weekend will be a tough sell IMO

VirginiaOrange

2nd String
Classes not started so limited students. No men's basketball game. Not even a women's basketball game. I realize you have to cram them in when the staff changes but it seems to me with nothing going on it is going to be tough to convince kids who have seen other schools in full force to come to SU. Say what you want about academics but let's be reasonable, there are kids and a live weekend somewhere else has to make an impact. Hopefully the chance to come in and play right away is a big pull.

The weekend of the 15th and the 22nd will really shape this class.

There certainly wasn't much going on the weekend of 12/12 when the last group visited and they didn't have problems getting commits. I think there are plenty of things to be selling these kids on that you don't have to have a BB game being part of it. Plus the FB players will be back on campus. More important they get to know possible future team mates.

Obviously a basketball game and an active campus can have their positive impacts. Some students athletes may be swayed by that, but really the facilities, coaches, academics, and future teammates are likely the key factors. If a kid doesn't commit i highly doubt he would have had he attended a game. I think most kids think more deeply than that, some however to your point, may not

Hopefully the facilities and the Dome and to play in this wild offense that they would be part of, and the coaches. I think HCDB is one heck of a salesman too. ;)

dont many schools have the same issue this time of year?

There certainly wasn't much going on the weekend of 12/12 when the last group visited and they didn't have problems getting commits. I think there are plenty of things to be selling these kids on that you don't have to have a BB game being part of it. Plus the FB players will be back on campus. More important they get to know possible future team mates.
PLUS Dinosaur BBQ is still open...:)

Well I'm pretty sure that the Dino Babers Offense will still be on campus, and hopefully that's a good enough selling point for the offensive players.

Just hire some local strippers. Ehh, maybe not "local".

Get a call into Louisville and find out what the proper procedure is for these type of things.

Classes not started so limited students. No men's basketball game. Not even a women's basketball game. I realize you have to cram them in when the staff changes but it seems to me with nothing going on it is going to be tough to convince kids who have seen other schools in full force to come to SU. Say what you want about academics but let's be reasonable, there are kids and a live weekend somewhere else has to make an impact. Hopefully the chance to come in and play right away is a big pull.
Ha!!! and you still are a few hundred miles away from the closet Dino BBQ.

Most other colleges will have the same issues; those recruits will be fine in the capable hands of HC DB and his staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom