Class of 2024 January Official Visits List

tep624

Living Legend
January 5th

OL Naquil Betrand (Texas A&M) - Committed to Alabama
Known Portal Offers - Syracuse, Alabama, USF
Visits - Alabama 1/12

DL Michael Nwokocha (JUCO) - Committed to Syracuse
Known Offers: Syracuse, Arizona St., Georgia, Houston, Indiana, Kansas, Miss St., Oklahoma, Purdue, Tennessee, TCU, WVU

OL Aaryn Parks (Oklahoma) - Committed to South Carolina
Known Portal Offers: Reportedly 20+
Visits: Not Known

OL Shunmarkus Adams (JUCO) - Committed to Marshall
Known Offers: FSU?, 10 G5 Offers

DL Isaiah Hastings (Alabama) - Committed to Syracuse
Known Portal Offers: Syracuse, Illinois, Mich St, Washington

OL Micah Mazzcua (Florida) - Committed to Nebraska
Known Portal Offers: Syracuse, Arkansas
Visits - Arkansas 1/4

OL Da’Metrius Weatherspoon (Howard) - Committed to Syracuse
Known Portal Offers - Syracuse, Pitt
Visits - Pitt 1/4

DL Dion Wilson (NM St.) - Committed to Syracuse

Known Portal Offers - Syracuse, Cal, Indiana, Rutgers, Texas A&M, Texas Tech
Visits - Rutgers 1/3, Texas A&M 1/6 or 1/7

OL Joshua Miller (Georgia) - Committed to Syracuse
Known Portal Offers - Syracuse, Auburn

January 12th

CB Kevyn Humes (HS - MD) **** - Committed to Maryland
Known offers - Syracuse, Alabama, Arizona St., Auburn, BC, Colorado, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Mich St., Notre Dame, Ohio St., Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn St, Pitt, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Wisconsin, USC
Visits - PSU 1/19, USC 1/22, ND 1/26, Florida 2/2

DL Deshon Dodson (HS - PA) ***
Known offers - Syracuse, BC, Maryland, Miami, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Penn St., Pitt, Rutgers, Texas A&M, WVU, Wisconsin

DB Ibn Mcdaniels (HS - NJ) *** - Committed to Syracuse
Known offers - Syracuse

Possibles - Offered by or Heavily linked to Syracuse

CB Tyreek Chappell (Texas A&M) - Staying at Texas A&M
OT Jalen Travis (Princeton) - Committed to Iowa St.
CB AJ Harris (Georgia) - Committed to PSU
DL Isaiah Raikes (Texas A&M) - Committed to USC

CB Duce Chestnut (LSU) - Committed to Syracuse
DB Daniel Harris (Georgia) - Staying at UGA
DL Dominick McKinley (HS - LA) - Committed to LSU
OL Kurt Danneker (Ohio) - Committed to Baylor
LB/DE Aakil Washington (Liberty) - Committed to South Alabama

Last edited:
January 5th

OL Naquil Bertrand (Texas A&M)
Visits - Alabama 1/12

CB Tyreek Chappell (Texas A&M)
Known Portal Offers - Syracuse, Oregon, Georgia
Visits - Oregon 12/16, Georgia January?

DL Dion Wilson (NM St.)

January 12th

CB Kevyn Humes (HS - MD)
Known offers - a ton
Visits - PSU 1/19, ND 1/26, Florida 2/2

Possibles

CB AJ Harris (Georgia)
DL Isaiah Raikes (Texas A&M)
DL Michael Nwokocha (JUCO)
CB Duce Chestnut (LSU)
DB Daniel Harris (Georgia)
DL Dominick McKinley (HS - LA)
OT Jalen Travis (Princeton)
OL Kurt Danneker (Ohio)
LB/DE Aakil Washington (Liberty)
Nice job putting this together as it’s such a moving target.

We seem very thin at RB IMO
I wouldn’t be surprised if one pops up. I was thinking about that the other day. Basically we have LQA, Willis and Price. There was the other late JUCO Branham but hoping we can upgrade there.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one pops up. I was thinking about that the other day. Basically we have LQA, Willis and Price. There was the other late JUCO Branham but hoping we can upgrade there.
Willis maybe great but he will be a true freshman he will need a year to get used to CFB understand blocking assignments, etc. Maybe Branham is a stud thats why others left? Just seems like we need another impact guy

I mostly agree but what good RB is going to come into this situation where it seems like the bulk of the carries are spoken for.

I mostly agree but what good RB is going to come into this situation where it seems like the bulk of the carries are spoken for.
Based on I think it was Fran’s comments I heard when discussing Willis, he really sees LQA and Willis as distinct styles of backs. With Willis’s hands he’s a guy that can line up in the slot as well. So it wouldn’t hurt to have another guy similar to that.

Micah Mazzccua?
I left him off for now. I don’t think there’s enough smoke there yet.

For possibles only included prospects that announced an offer or guys that in the media there has been some chatter linking us to them.

Last edited:
January 5th

OL Naquil Betrand (Texas A&M)
Visits - Alabama 1/12

CB Tyreek Chappell (Texas A&M)
Known Portal Offers - Syracuse, Oregon, Georgia
Visits - Oregon 12/16, Georgia January?

DL Dion Wilson (NM St.)

January 12th

CB Kevyn Humes (HS - MD)
Known offers - a ton
Visits - PSU 1/19, ND 1/26, Florida 2/2

Possibles

CB AJ Harris (Georgia)
DL Isaiah Raikes (Texas A&M)
DL Michael Nwokocha (JUCO)
CB Duce Chestnut (LSU)
DB Daniel Harris (Georgia)
DL Dominick McKinley (HS - LA)
OT Jalen Travis (Princeton)
OL Kurt Danneker (Ohio)
LB/DE Aakil Washington (Liberty)
Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Yeah forgot about him and Parkman. So probably right.
Yeah, LeQuint's the man, and then someone out of Price/Parkman/Hart/Willis/maybe Branham is RB2. Further down the depth chart than that can be figured out.

Fwiw I like Parkman, Hart, and Willis. There's talent there. Would have liked to have kept Daniels too, but he maybe doesn't fit the vision. I don't know.

It would be amazing to get Harris in for a visit. That’s a guy who can take our entire secondary up a notch.

id also be surprised if Fran isn’t working on Mazzccua. Doesn’t mean he’s interested, but gotta believe he’s working the phones and trying to bring him in

I think there will be at least 7 to 10 players on campus the weekend of the 5th. Just may not hear a lot of names until after the visit.
Also think there will be a big push in the second portal period. I could see a lot of movement after spring ball.

I think there will be at least 7 to 10 players on campus the weekend of the 5th. Just may not hear a lot of names until after the visit.
Also think there will be a big push in the second portal period. I could see a lot of movement after spring ball.
The only way that a prospect can be visiting on the 5th is if they are a Portal or JUCO who is planning on enrolling midyear.
Plus that would require a lot more SU players to enter the portal by 1/2 or lose their roster spot but retain their academic scholarship.

The only way that a prospect can be visiting on the 5th is if they are a Portal or JUCO who is planning on enrolling midyear.
Plus that would require a lot more SU players to enter the portal by 1/2.
Agree that is why I think it is 7 to 10. Not sure we sign everyone that visits but I see that many on campus. 1-12 is really to late for transfers or jucos intending to enroll by January 16th.

Agree that is why I think it is 7 to 10. Not sure we sign everyone that visits but I see that many on campus. 1-12 is really to late for transfers or jucos intending to enroll by January 16th.
The current numbers don't allow that many. Again there would have to be a lot of movement.

The current numbers don't allow that many. Again there would have to be a lot of movement.

So, question:

Does the team have to remain at/under 85 scholarships for every moment of every day?

Or are there deadlines for hitting 85, kinda like w NFL and having cut dates?

And - for borderline current roster guys who haven’t (yet) entered the portal, Fran can give them “the talk,
whereby they keep their scholarship and can finish out their degree, but are no longer part of the football program, right?

Those players could then choose to enter the Spring portal, if they wanted a chance to keep playing.

But they would no longer be tying up one of the 85 scholarship slots.

So, question:

Does the team have to remain at/under 85 scholarships for every moment of every day?

Or are there deadlines for hitting 85, kinda like w NFL and having cut dates?

And - for borderline current roster guys who haven’t (yet) entered the portal, Fran can give them “the talk,
whereby they keep their scholarship and can finish out their degree, but are no longer part of the football program, right?

Those players could then choose to enter the Spring portal, if they wanted a chance to keep playing.

But they would no longer be tying up one of the 85 scholarship slots.
I had the same question. We have seniors leaving and high school players not coming until summer. Does this allow for more transfers right now provided they always stay at 85,

I would not be surprised if Villari moved to a FB or H-back ...He is too good not to be in the offense mix...He runs the ball as well as any RB behind Allen on the depth chart , is pretty fast for his size ,good blocker, good hands and lots of power for short yardage...He could be an extra blocker for McCord on pass plays or a receiver out of the backfield...similar to Chris Elmore but much more versatle... we are loaded at TE assuming Gadsen returns healthy

I had the same question. We have seniors leaving and high school players not coming until summer. Does this allow for more transfers right now provided they always stay at 85,
The seniors leaving and HS kids coming in this class are already in the count. You can only take the number in a recruiting class that doesn't take your scholarship numbers over 85.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom