Jarrod West - record book watch | Syracusefan.com

Jarrod West - record book watch

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
On his career, West has 85 receptions for 1136 yards and 4 TDs (per ESPN). If my reading of the record book (page 175) is right, West needs only 17 more catches to tie Art Monk and Jared Jones for 9th all-time in receptions in school history. With 508 more receiving yards he can tie Art Monk for 10th all-time in receiving yards with 1644. With 8 receiving TDs, he could tie Mike Siano for 10th in all-time receiving TDs with 12.

My guess is that he ends up in 7th place on the all-time receptions list (he only needs 22 catches to get there) and falls a little short of the yardage but it's not out of the question for him to get there. No chance on the TDs.

One guy to watch is Brisley Estime. The only players that caught more passes as a freshman are Shelby Hill and Alec Lemon. Lemon finished #1 in receptions and is the only player in school history to top 200.

I thought it was going to be Most Drops in the Red Zone. I kid...sort of :rolleyes:

Just shows you how times have changed. West is not even in the same league as Monk as far as talent, but will have most likely surpassed his catches and yards this year.

Just shows you how times have changed. West is not even in the same league as Monk as far as talent, but will have most likely surpassed his catches and yards this year.
2012 was nuts on the record books. The first and third highest single season reception totals, plus West had like the 2nd highest number of receptions for a sophomore ever.

I am pulling for West to have a great year moreso than any other player, particularly since I was so hard on him after last season. If he turns it up and shows us what he is capable of, I'll be a West fan for life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom