Jarrod West | Syracusefan.com

Jarrod West

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
Quietly on pace to have his best season for the Orange. I've been critical of West before, but, he stands for a lot of what you want in a player in our program.

I hope he can find the end zone a couple times and that he doesn't become a forgotten man with the QB changes.

West has definitely been a pleasant surprise. Actually last year was his only dud. Wonder if he was dealing with any sort of injury nobody knew about?

Met his father last week while in line for concessions at Wake Forest. I was highly complimentary and wanted to pass on my thanks for his progress and hard work. Noted how well he has worked back from injuries, too. Type of kid and story I like to see.

Quietly on pace to have his best season for the Orange. I've been critical of West before, but, he stands for a lot of what you want in a player in our program.

I hope he can find the end zone a couple times and that he doesn't become a forgotten man with the QB changes.
I should dig up the post I wrote before the season about where he could end up in the record books. He's probably quietly working his way up the receptions list.

I should dig up the post I wrote before the season about where he could end up in the record books. He's probably quietly working his way up the receptions list.
7th all-time in receptions with 114. He needs 26 more to claim 2nd place. No way he catches Lemon at first who has 201.

He looks like a different player to me this year - he has been outstanding.

And, his cousin is now throwing him the ball!

West has definitely been a pleasant surprise. Actually last year was his only dud. Wonder if he was dealing with any sort of injury nobody knew about?
The only thing last year was being forced into a role as the #1 receiver when that's pretty clearly not what he is. As long as he can be our 2nd or 3rd WR, he will be productive. Thank you, Steve Ishmael.

I agree .. much better. Some of this may be Long's mobility. But another reason is proper use of his skillset ... he's a possession receiver .. not a deep threat. With Ishmael and Flemming being more productive, Jerrod can operate in his element and do damage.

The only thing last year was being forced into a role as the #1 receiver when that's pretty clearly not what he is. As long as he can be our 2nd or 3rd WR, he will be productive. Thank you, Steve Ishmael.

He was productive with Ishmael getting one catch a game.

He was productive with Ishmael getting one catch a game.
Ishmael is just the most recent example. He hasn't been the #1 receiver this year, and that's a big part of why he's been productive. Broyld, Estime, Ishmael have all taken pressure off when they've actually been on the field.

jekelish said:
Ishmael is just the most recent example. He hasn't been the #1 receiver this year, and that's a big part of why he's been productive. Broyld, Estime, Ishmael have all taken pressure off when they've actually been on the field.

Somehow I find it hard to say, the leading receiver by 2-1 in catches, leader in yards, 2nd in yards per catch, has the longest catch and leads in yards per game, is because of everyone else. Just doesn't compute.

Somehow I find it hard to say, the leading receiver by 2-1 in catches, leader in yards, 2nd in yards per catch, has the longest catch and leads in yards per game, is because of everyone else. Just doesn't compute.
You do realize that sometimes the second guy puts up good numbers because he's not facing the best CBs, right?

Let's make this abundantly clear: I've been a staunch supporter of West since he stepped on campus. But he's obviously a better 2nd or 3rd receiver than he is as a 1.

jekelish said:
You do realize that sometimes the second guy puts up good numbers because he's not facing the best CBs, right? Let's make this abundantly clear: I've been a staunch supporter of West since he stepped on campus. But he's obviously a better 2nd or 3rd receiver than he is as a 1.

Might happen occasionally but not because of 3 other guys.

Might happen occasionally but not because of 3 other guys.
Agree to disagree. West is a solid production receiver. He's not a number one guy, though. He works better when the D is focused on other receivers.

jekelish said:
Agree to disagree. West is a solid production receiver. He's not a number one guy, though. He works better when the D is focused on other receivers.

How do you know who they're even focusing on?

How do you know who they're even focusing on?
I watch games?

Do you honestly believe West is not better as a 2 than as a 1? Good lord man.

jekelish said:
I watch games? Do you honestly believe West is not better as a 2 than as a 1? Good lord man.

I watch games too. Clemson is playing everyone man up. Same as FSU. I hVent seen any of our guys get doubled all year. I don't know if West is a number 1, but he's had the best season so far. And I don't think it's because everyone focused on ish, Broyld and Estime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom