Jason Beck, Rocky Long, and the rest of the Staff | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Beck, Rocky Long, and the rest of the Staff

What exactly stood out during White's tenure as DC, that would precipitate his being hired as the new HC? Serious question.
Took a craptastic defense and made it top 25 his last two years. Coached up a bunch of 3 stars and we finally sent a few guys to the NFL from his side of the ball. Kids connect with him, he is young and very charismatic, definitely has an IT factor about him. I would prefer an experienced HC but Tony brings a lot to the table. Money made a great point earlier today, he could be a very intriguing hire if he can bring some good offensive minds with him

It would be nice but going to be a bit more patient with the inevitable turnover that’s coming with players.
Yeah it won’t be easy but the schedule makes it possible, but let’s see who we hire and who he retains and brings in. We need a major overhaul on offense

If Beck had landed LaNorris Sellers, we wouldn't be in this mess. Instead we have: well, you know...

The one coach from Dino's era I'd like to have back is Justin Lustig for Special Teams.

Unless the new head coach has SU heritage, you should expect he'll totally clean house. The 3-3-5 might be gone too.

We need to fix STs. The coverage teams have been worse since Lustig left. We also need to be blocking some kicks. Even if it is only against the Colgate's of the world it makes your future P5 opponents fear it. Schiano gets this. Coach P used to get this. It can be an equalizer for a school like ours.

Took a craptastic defense and made it top 25 his last two years. Coached up a bunch of 3 stars and we finally sent a few guys to the NFL from his side of the ball. Kids connect with him, he is young and very charismatic, definitely has an IT factor about him. I would prefer an experienced HC but Tony brings a lot to the table. Money made a great point earlier today, he could be a very intriguing hire if he can bring some good offensive minds with him
JW likes and respects him

Well I mean if we’re talking like a Joe Moorhead as OC then you may be on to something.

Beck has shown nothing amazing yet. A literal handful of good, in sync drives all season. Maybe Dino was handcuffing him, would be nice to know.
Yeah, I don't get it.

Yea , Autry and staff have had their chance,next coach !
Obviously we have no choice but to let it play out and see how much the team improves but color me unimpressed with the product so far. I was hoping for a fresh start with an outside coach with new ideas. Not the same staff running the same undisciplined iso offense.

Obviously we have no choice but to let it play out and see how much the team improves but color me unimpressed with the product so far. I was hoping for a fresh start with an outside coach with new ideas. Not the same staff running the same undisciplined iso offense.
It’s the lack of rebounding driving me nuts. Not only rebounding but the staring at the ball after shot is up. We were supposed to be better in M2M and I see the same as it relates to rebounding.

It’s the lack of rebounding driving me nuts. Not only rebounding but the staring at the ball after shot is up. We were supposed to be better in M2M and I see the same as it relates to rebounding.
We have thread malfunction, ( Yes, I am part to blame )

"staring at the ball after shot is up", this so true for ALL the shooters on the floor for SU. So irritating when you see the other team do the opposite. You would think they would see how it's done...;)

Nunzio. For NJ ties

This.

No idea what kind of defensive system the new coach will want to use. I personally like the 3-3-5 for a program of our stature, but have to go with whatever the new coach wants. And if no 3-3-5, then Long doesn't make sense to keep.

Also really like the secondary coach.

Gentlemen, some of you are lost...this is the football forum.
28067576_1.jpg

This.

No idea what kind of defensive system the new coach will want to use. I personally like the 3-3-5 for a program of our stature, but have to go with whatever the new coach wants. And if no 3-3-5, then Long doesn't make sense to keep.

Also really like the secondary coach.

With the portal going back to a 4 man DL might be easier than in the past. But I do like the idea of playing a 3 man line given the difficulty of getting quality DTs.

But at the same time it seems like we have a hard time getting enough Ss to play with 5 DBs. We seem to always have one weak link back there and little depth.

Maybe a 3-4 would work best? We do have a ton of LBs.

I think no matter what we will be always scrambling somewhere. So it probably doesn't matter.

With the portal going back to a 4 man DL might be easier than in the past. But I do like the idea of playing a 3 man line given the difficulty of getting quality DTs.

But at the same time it seems like we have a hard time getting enough Ss to play with 5 DBs. We seem to always have one weak link back there and little depth.

Maybe a 3-4 would work best? We do have a ton of LBs.

I think no matter what we will be always scrambling somewhere. So it probably doesn't matter.
3-4 makes more sense than the 4-3 for SU, in my opinion. I do like the 3-3-5 however