Jason Whitlock: Kobe's narcissism ruined Lakers | Syracusefan.com

Jason Whitlock: Kobe's narcissism ruined Lakers

Assinine comments. Whether you love or hate Kobe, if you know anything about basketball you would understand that what we just saw was an all-time epic performance and has never been seen in an athlete's final game.

He literally put everything he had on the floor that night.

"Whitlock said the diva attitude Bryant had during his stay in Los Angeles ripped apart the Lakers franchise from within and turned them into the laughing stock of the NBA."

http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/on...lock-kobes-narcissism-ruined-lakers-14605940/

LOL. Whitlock talking about diva attitude? Has anyone read Greg Howard's take down of him when he was trying to start the Undefeated?

Whitlock is knocking out hot take after hot take lately to try to pull views and clicks. This is just the latest.

This is stupid IMO.

How many teams have won 5 or more championships during the course of Kobe's career? The only team I can think of is the Spurs. I believe they have 5 over Duncan's career which started a couple seasons after Kobe's if I recall.

Maybe he's leaving the Lakers when they are at a low point but they were incredibly successful with him there. Pretty much every other franchise sans one or two would love to have had that success over that time frame rather than their own.

Last edited:
This is stupid IMO.

How many teams have won 5 or more championships during the course of Kobi's career? The only team I can think of is the Spurs. I believe they have 5 over Duncan's career which started a couple seasons after Kobi's if I recall.

Maybe he's leaving the Lakers when they are at a low point but they were incredibly successful with him there. Pretty much every other franchise sans one or two would love to have had that success over that time frame rather than their own.

who is kobi?

This is stupid IMO.

How many teams have won 5 or more championships during the course of Kobe's career? The only team I can think of is the Spurs. I believe they have 5 over Duncan's career which started a couple seasons after Kobe's if I recall.

Whitlock is just realizing this NOW? :p

A - who (besides the author) would NOT have wanted to see Kobe go out in a blaze of iso-heroball glory like that?

B - now that Kobe - and more importantly, his onerous salary - are gone, the Lakers are actually in good position to throw $ at any and all free agents for the next few years.

The Western conference is ridiculous right now, but the Lakers will likely be back in the mix again in a few seasons.
It's what they do.

Assinine comments. Whether you love or hate Kobe, if you know anything about basketball you would understand that what we just saw was an all-time epic performance and has never been seen in an athlete's final game.

Yeah, he went 6-21 from three. That was pretty epic. (/sarcasm/) He took 50 shots. Fifty. Let that sink in.
He is the biggest ball hog I have ever ever ever seen in my life, and I go back to the early 70s, when the Knicks were a championship team.

Right, because the crappy management of assets and drafting had nothing to do with the Lakers downfall?

The biggest problem with the Lakers rebuild is giving Kobe 20+M a year with this last contract. They were paying for past performance, and it crippled their ability to put a truly competitive team on the floor.

But even more than that, Kobe's "it's all about me" attitude turned off many of his teammates. He was a terrible, terrible teammate for almost his whole career. He was always a problem in the locker room.

Yeah, he went 6-21 from three. That was pretty epic. (/sarcasm/) He took 50 shots. Fifty. Let that sink in.
He is the biggest ball hog I have ever ever ever seen in my life, and I go back to the early 70s, when the Knicks were a championship team.

I think this is one of those rare instances where when you step back and look at it objectively, you BOTH are completely right.

What does this have to do with the last three+ years?

Yeah, 'epic' performance in his final game. But, his insane number of attempts was only redeemed by getting the win.

This has nothing to do with Whitlock, actually. He's not saying anything that hasn't been said for years. Kobe has been a ridiculous chucker all season. You can argue he's earned that right, but the indulgence in his swan song is pretty much unparalleled and the Kobe-before-team concept is/was asinine.

This thread is amazing. We are talking about an ALL-TIME great here. Some posts are making it seem like he is Glenn Robinson or even Melo.

He's earned the right to go out anyway he pleases and yes, at 38, to have a game like that shooting however many attempts was still incredible.

I wonder how many 20 to early 30 year-olds are posting here who never even saw him play in his prime. At WORST during his PRIME he was averaging 5 reb/5 ast at 43% FGs. At worst. The guy was All-Defensive 1st or 2nd Teams 12 times! Critcizing this guy's game or contributions to the game is just plain asinine. Worst thread ever.

This thread is amazing. We are talking about an ALL-TIME great here. Some posts are making it seem like he is Glenn Robinson or even Melo.

He's earned the right to go out anyway he pleases and yes, at 38, to have a game like that shooting however many attempts was still incredible.

I wonder how many 20 to early 30 year-olds are posting here who never even saw him play in his prime. At WORST during his PRIME he was averaging 5 reb/5 ast at 43% FGs. At worst. The guy was All-Defensive 1st or 2nd Teams 12 times! Critcizing this guy's game or contributions to the game is just plain asinine. Worst thread ever.

early 30 year olds saw kobe in his prime. in fact, they are old enough to remember his entire career.

Why have no high profile free agents signed with the Lakers the last 3 off seasons?

Fun fact, Kobe teams without Pau Gasol or Shaq have never made it past the first round of the playoffs.

You think Larry, MJ, Duncan, Magic, etc. could've done it by themselves? I'm not even counting LeBron since the East has been so horrendous when he was with the Cavs in his first stint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom