JB, Bo, Dixon, Barnes, Brey, Few | Syracusefan.com

JB, Bo, Dixon, Barnes, Brey, Few

PoppyHart

All American
Unless I'm forgetting someone, these are the coaches at big time schools who've been in the same spot for ten years w/out reaching a FF.

Barnes and JB went in '03, the others have never. Few is in his 14th, Brey is in his 13th, Ryan his 12th, Dixon his 10th.

Even with his 912 wins, I'm not sure JB would survive at what we call the "blue bloods". Tubby was ran out of town despite winning a title in 1998, Kansas wasn't crying when Roy and his 4 FF's left. UCLA is ready to throw Howland and his 3 straight under the bus any time now. Duke and MSU (under Izzo) have never come close to challenging the theory.

Few and Brey are clearly in the best spots, as their schools are either giddy that they are even in the discussion, or are content to kill time during the non-football season. JB could always up and retire. Barnes will likely get canned, and Dixon would be advised to seek shelter if they don't make a run this year. Ryan seems like he's in a good place, but father time is creeping in.

2003 was a frickin decade ago. We can't live in the past and a bunch of regular season wins. Let's get it done this postseason, dammit.

Hopefully JB isn't counting on another FF before he retires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom