JB Fist Pump at End of Game | Syracusefan.com

JB Fist Pump at End of Game

SUinSC

LGO
JB really wanted this one for a lot of reasons...if you go back and watch the last 10 mins, he is on the edge of his seat for every shot and does his fist pump after almost every made FG (after Lydon's 3 for sure!). I've never seen him react to a win with the attempted inconspicuous fist pump immediately after the buzzer, and double fist pumps while walking back to the locker room. So glad he soaked in the crowd response after the game as if it was his 1000th...he deserved the ovation for officially delivering 1000 losses to other teams (credit Jay Bilas on that stat). CONGRATS Coach!

I know we are doing great in a big game when after a big late bucket JB stands up and does the hand flapping thing which means - everyone get back. Been doing it forever. Can someone find me a gif if you know what I'm talking about?

JB really wanted this one for a lot of reasons...if you go back and watch the last 10 mins, he is on the edge of his seat for every shot and does his fist pump after almost every made FG (after Lydon's 3 for sure!). I've never seen him react to a win with the attempted inconspicuous fist pump immediately after the buzzer, and double fist pumps while walking back to the locker room. So glad he soaked in the crowd response after the game as if it was his 1000th...he deserved the ovation for officially delivering 1000 losses to other teams (credit Jay Bilas on that stat). CONGRATS Coach!

I think this is my favorite thread of the day on here, so far at least. While I realize the guy is far from perfect, you realize they're that much more special to you when you love them and share in their joys despite things about them you may not totally dig. The fact it was against a top 10 team was the icing on the cake. This game was a career in the making.

The hand flapping g going was copied by the students about 15-30 years ago and they did it when he did it.

I have a similar reaction when i make it through a thread or especially a day on here without... ;) (in my head a celebrate at least) Good feelings all around on here, man I hope it can last a good while!

Hand fapping has been going on a lot longer than that

Sometimes a simple tab click is all it takes. Even less, when JHJ is posts are at the top of his game.

With 1 minute 14 seconds left in the game there was a loose ball when Virginia was on offense, Va lost the ball and it seemed to be in no ones possession while players were grappling for it on the floor,yet the refs granted Va a time out. I was so ticked off but then realized that it was Virginia's last TO. It worked out. Hope Roberson works on his free throw shooting, he's gotten worse each year he's been at SU. :(

With 1 minute 14 seconds left in the game there was a loose ball when Virginia was on offense, Va lost the ball and it seemed to be in no ones possession while players were grappling for it on the floor, the refs granted Va a time out. I was so ticked off but then realized that it was Virginia's last TO. It worked out. Hope Roberson works on his free throw shooting, he's gotten worse each year he's been at SU. :(
Virginia had the arrow at the time. Bad TO.

Terrific post.

This win for Boeheim was perfect. And I believe he thought so as well. It was so fantastic to be at the Dome today and watch him waving to all the fans. Most of us stood around for quite a while just watching the hoopla. I took the grown son of some best friends today. The last time he went to a game with me was the first time Duke came to the Dome. During that game, he was literally holding me up while crooning soothing nothings into my ear. As we watched Boeheim waving, his face was almost incandescent. I can't say what mine was.

I think Andrew is very good luck. Wish I could bring him more often!

Yeah I loved that Tiger Woods-esque fist pump at the buzzer! I was thrilled he took the mic too, especially with all the negativity coming from the spoiled fan base this year.

I loved every second in the Dome today, it was a special day. Today's game was of monumental importance, after an overtime road win, the first of the season... it was the kind of game you just knew was going to be one for the memory bank. Going for 1,000 while writing the story of the season, I never doubted the outcome. One of those I had to be there type of games that will be looked back on for decades. We are lucky to have had JB for all these years, his loyalty to our community should be celebrated and his detractors silenced.

VIVA LA JAB!

One other thing... it was great to see Eric Devendorf give JAB a smack on the back at the buzzer just before JB's fist pump!

I've seen ED sitting with the team a few times this year is he just a guest, being groomed or was he already added to the staff?

One other thing... it was great to see Eric Devendorf give JAB a smack on the back at the buzzer just before JB's fist pump!

I've seen ED sitting with the team a few times this year is he just a guest, being groomed or was he already added to the staff?

Assistant strength and conditioning coach

very likely we'll have to play offensive/defensive situational game down the stretch in tight games. the FT's are in roberson's head now.

With 1 minute 14 seconds left in the game there was a loose ball when Virginia was on offense, Va lost the ball and it seemed to be in no ones possession while players were grappling for it on the floor,yet the refs granted Va a time out. I was so ticked off but then realized that it was Virginia's last TO. It worked out. Hope Roberson works on his free throw shooting, he's gotten worse each year he's been at SU. :(

That particular play was a mistake for UVA. If the guy had not called timeout, they would have gotten a tied-ball whistle. That would have given UVA the ball back with a fresh shot clock and kept their timeout. As it happened, they burned their last TO and had to inbound the ball with 8 on the clock. I think they still scored, but never mind, it would have been better for them if he had not been given the TO.

Assistant strength and conditioning coach

Thanks! When I saw him at the Garden I searched Google for an announcement but didn't see anything. I'm glad he's found a spot and I hope he excels at it.

Speaking of strength & conditioning do you think 5th year transfers have the potential of negatively affecting the tone of off season individual workouts? I remember the days of T-Rob, Watkins and etc... We were doing great things back then with our strength training! I wonder was Troy Weaver involved with any of that? It seemed to take a step back after he left.

I know it's just a rarity and a new thing with grad transfers but I worry about this a bit. When you end up with a couple of seniors who didn't work through the program and they are suddenly the voice of the team, how does this affect morale and more to my point how hard are these guys hitting the gym in the off-season?

I suppose it's just a band-aid and if it has any negative effect, it's much less than the benefit. Not to mention they aren't always with the team all summer either as was the case with White and Gillon.

JB showed this past week that he is still at the height of his powers. The man can coach and it just takes the players to get it. Defense in the first ten minutes was as good as I have ever seen it. We were consistent enough on offense that when they showed UVA's coaching staff with 2-3 minutes left to play they already looked defeated -- and could not believe it.

Maybe it was good to have the season go the way it has ... I really appreciate these wins even more knowing how awful this team was not long ago. It still is not guaranteed that we make the tourney but we have a couple great wins on our resume at last and are finally looking good enough to bring in some road wins.

Thanks! When I saw him at the Garden I searched Google for an announcement but didn't see anything. I'm glad he's found a spot and I hope he excels at it.

Speaking of strength & conditioning do you think 5th year transfers have the potential of negatively affecting the tone of off season individual workouts? I remember the days of T-Rob, Watkins and etc... We were doing great things back then with our strength training! I wonder was Troy Weaver involved with any of that? It seemed to take a step back after he left.

I know it's just a rarity and a new thing with grad transfers but I worry about this a bit. When you end up with a couple of seniors who didn't work through the program and they are suddenly the voice of the team, how does this affect morale and more to my point how hard are these guys hitting the gym in the off-season?

I suppose it's just a band-aid and if it has any negative effect, it's much less than the benefit. Not to mention they aren't always with the team all summer either as was the case with White and Gillon.

Don't know how true it is, but heard he is helping guards with driving to the basket...and seeing Gillon starting to use his left makes me go "hmmmm".

That particular play was a mistake for UVA. If the guy had not called timeout, they would have gotten a tied-ball whistle. That would have given UVA the ball back with a fresh shot clock and kept their timeout. As it happened, they burned their last TO and had to inbound the ball with 8 on the clock. I think they still scored, but never mind, it would have been better for them if he had not been given the TO.
Corner 3

Can you imagine how the morale of this team would be without White and Gillon this year? Simply a matter of adjusting to the situation. All but one of the seniors from this senior class has left already and TRob doesn't strike me as a vocal leader. It is likely the reason this team has taken so long to come around but I'm not sure many teams really want to play SU right now. One of JB's better recruiting and coaching jobs. Screw you NCAA and have that glass of wine JB! You deserve it, a thousand times!

Can you imagine how the morale of this team would be without White and Gillon this year? Simply a matter of adjusting to the situation. All but one of the seniors from this senior class has left already and TRob doesn't strike me as a vocal leader. It is likely the reason this team has taken so long to come around but I'm not sure many teams really want to play SU right now. One of JB's better recruiting and coaching jobs. Screw you NCAA and have that glass of wine JB! You deserve it, a thousand times!

I want to reply with the 2 words the protagonist in Office Space said twice at the end, in satisfaction, but I can't repeat them here. Seriously, Old Boeheim has evolved and pulled new tricks out of his hat when things looked hopeless. Some folks think the guy is incapable of change, but like you said, the guy rolled with the punches and played the hand he was delt like Kenny Rogers' epic metaphor, The Gambler.

Not only screw the NCAA, but screw Duke, Kentucky, UNC(and their spoiled fans!), etc who are loaded with talent year after bleeping year! And for some reason they're even getting guys like Allen, and Meeks to stay til their junior season or whatever. JB gets the shortest/slightest lightening bolt and theyre gone after a year or 2. Even what's his name with Brooklyn, lol.

This man is like Houdini, and I appreciate the magic he works...like Charlie Sheen said when he was embattled, he turned the tin the writers gave him into gold. JB reminds me of a sober Charlie Sheen, giving the finger to the world, and doing it his way.

Tell me this isnt a perfect song for JB!!! (and yes, I strongly prefer the Elvis version) LONG LIVE BOEHEIM!! (If I die while posting on here, I want this at my funeral. Or if I get ****ed like my role models, please remember me with this)

Here is the 2 word reply to your assessment of Boeheim as well as some of the others. This expresses how I feel about what you said so well! (I think some folks would prefer it to my lengthy posts)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom