JB roast last night at Oakhill CC in Rochester | Syracusefan.com

JB roast last night at Oakhill CC in Rochester

orangecuse

Hall of Fame
Was a pretty neat/fun event. Sean McDonough, Mike Tirico, PJ Carlisemo and Rick Pitino were all in attendance and roasted Jim. Jay Bilas was supposed to attend as well, but apparently backed out late and Sean roasted him a bit for doing so. My sis attended and FaceTimed me for a little while. She said Sean was great, and Pitino gave his speech (again) about how he picked Miami Beach, JB's wife at the time picking Paris, Rick's wife Park Avenue and JB stating Syracuse in regards to no place he'd rather be, etc. My sis got some great pics, included her with Sean, and our new captain, Red. :)

Sean McDonough is great, so funny at these type of JB events.

100%.

Sean throwing some good shade at JW and the admin, etc. in regards to how JB's tenure ended, etc. :) How Rick saying he's at home being at Iona, and then leaving for the $$$ in a heartbeat to coach at St. Johns. :p

PJ had some funny moments...mentioning how no one in JB's history took as many shots as Buddy, bad ones too, and never getting yanked or yelled at. Then how he got a note from Julie stating Joe Girard took more, or along those lines. :p

PJ also saying that JB got rid of 3 all american type players just so Jimmy could be on the team. :p

Bob Costas on video saying how he had his toast to JB type speech ready 15 years ago, then 10, etc., etc. but that JB had to have his entire family, grandkids and all play for him.

Tirico was great too, as he usually is. :)

PJ had some funny moments...mentioning how no one in JB's history took as many shots as Buddy, bad ones too, and never getting yanked or yelled at. Then how he got a note from Julie stating Joe Girard took more, or along those lines. :p

PJ also saying that JB got rid of 3 all american type players just so Jimmy could be on the team. :p
Holy crap so basically PJ was the Lisa Lampanelli of this roast. I feel like PJ would not last long here as a poster with those takes.

100%.

Sean throwing some good shade at JW and the admin, etc. in regards to how JB's tenure ended, etc. :) How Rick saying he's at home being at Iona, and then leaving for the $$$ in a heartbeat to coach at St. Johns. :p

Bob Costas on video saying how he had his toast to JB type speech ready 15 years ago, then 10, etc., etc. but that JB had to have his entire family, grandkids and all play for him.

Tirico was great too, as he usually is. :)
I'd pay hundreds to be able to watch this

Julie needs to put one of these on in Syracuse as a fundraiser for their charity. They could get 5000 people at $50 each with the right lineup of speakers. Is there a good venue for something like that these days in Cuse?

Was a pretty neat/fun event. Sean McDonough, Mike Tirico, PJ Carlisemo and Rick Pitino were all in attendance and roasted Jim. Jay Bilas was supposed to attend as well, but apparently backed out late and Sean roasted him a bit for doing so. My sis attended and FaceTimed me for a little while. She said Sean was great, and Pitino gave his speech (again) about how he picked Miami Beach, JB's wife at the time picking Paris, Rick's wife Park Avenue and JB stating Syracuse in regards to no place he'd rather be, etc. My sis got some great pics, included her with Sean, and our new captain, Red. :)
Made it to the PGA there in May. What a venue, what an event. Wondering which of them are members.

My sis said PJ is very funny. They got into a conversation about the ‘ol Big East days, etc. One of conversations was how we’d generally root against fellow Big East teams during the season, but generally root for them during March Madness for the conference, etc. She said though to PJ, but never Georgetown! He replied, “yeah,” “yeah” and then high fived her! :)

Yes. He spoke too, but it was very brief.
Thank you. Williams is 78 years old now and was looking pretty darn haggard his last few years at Maryland so seeing him look so good was a nice surprise. JB of course looks great too. I’m old enough to remember PJ Carlesimo being the new young kid coach at Seton Hall at 33 years of age - he’s 74 now, yikes he’s older than I am and never realized it.

Thank you. Williams is 78 years old now and was looking pretty darn haggard his last few years at Maryland so seeing him look so good was a nice surprise. JB of course looks great too. I’m old enough to remember PJ Carlesimo being the new young kid coach at Seton Hall at 33 years of age - he’s 74 now, yikes he’s older than I am and never realized it.

Agree, Gary looks great! PJ looks pretty good too, IMO.

Mike Fratello still going with that not so good toupee. :):p

Agree, Gary looks great! PJ looks pretty good too, IMO.

Mike Fratello still going with that not so good toupee. :):p
Fratello, what is he 5'7"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom