JB Top 12 player in this ranking from ESPN | Syracusefan.com

JB Top 12 player in this ranking from ESPN

jr4750

All American
i

12. Jim Boeheim, Syracuse Orange -- Boeheim played three seasons at Syracuse (1963-66), coming off the bench his first two seasons before becoming a starter as a senior. He averaged 14.6 points and 3.1 assists during the 1965-66 campaign, leading the Orange to the Elite Eight. Boeheim went on to play professionally with the Scranton Miners of the ABL.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas.../ranking-ncaa-tournament-coaches-players-1-68

BTW: Tony Bennet looks the same as he did during his playing career. Kinda creepy. Age like the rest of us!!

The Link in #16 is interesting. It talks about Lasalle being punished for pulling the ol' Calhoun and terminating or threatening to terminate scholarships.

Jim Crews is crazy. Those Bob Knight acorns don't fall far from the tree.

JB "lead" us to the elite eight like Craig Forth lead us to the national championship.

He did open the scoring in the title game! Maybe Boeheim was a hard worker like Forth/BMK and lead his team in that sense?

He averaged 15 pts a game. That isn't shabby

It was defininitely a stretch...but I think most SU fans would attribute that run to Bing more than Boeheim.

I could be wrong.

It was defininitely a stretch...but I think most SU fans would attribute that run to Bing more than Boeheim.

I could be wrong.
you probably give more credit to melo than forth.

you probably give more credit to melo than forth.

I think Forth was a great role player...my original point was that I thought it was kind of inaccurate to.say that JB lead that team to the EE.