JB's Presser after FSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after FSU

There was a game-plan. It was to allow a team that shot 33 % from 3 to beat us with the 3-pointer. They did.

Just because a game-plan doesn't work doesn't mean there is not a plan.

C'mon. That's the game plan for every game regardless of the shooting percentage of the other team.

has he dared take a shot at buddy yet ? "buddy did good things ...he is a threat "

blamed a couple guards for slipping. oshae for missing an easy conversion. and crapped on frank and PC.
do we ever see him (and i'm not saying buddy can't ball ) laying into his own son ? does he have it in him ?

Are you intentionally leaving the part out where JB said "Buddy's not ready yet, but he did some good things?"

Are you intentionally leaving the part out where JB said "Buddy's not ready yet, but he did some good things?"
I’d say that’s a pretty accurate assessment of Buddy.

To me suggesting that jB is criticizing others but not Buddy is inaccurate but more important it’s contemptible.

As a charter member of the “JB is mean to reporters” group on here I know where you would come down on this.

I’d say that’s a pretty accurate assessment of Buddy.

To me suggesting that jB is criticizing others but not Buddy is inaccurate but more important it’s contemptible.

As a charter member of the “JB is mean to reporters” group on here I know where you would come down on this.

Whoa. I'm arguing your side of the ledger here big fella. No idea why you are taking shots at me when I'm the one who actually gave you the evidence you needed to complete your argument.

Oh wait, that's what you do.

Or, you're unaccustomed to you and I being on the same side. Which is fair.

Whoa. I'm arguing your side of the ledger here big fella. No idea why you are taking shots at me when I'm the one who actually gave you the evidence you needed to complete your argument.

Oh wait, that's what you do.

Or, you're unaccustomed to you and I being on the same side. Which is fair.

Yeah, I presumed if you were in it, it was anti-JB. Sorry, my mistake.

No worries. I was intentionally trying to trip you up. I never thought I'd be that successful.

Well, you had me in a weakened state. The post by TBone really pissed me off.

At least I can see your point about JB and the Press, although I don’t agree with it.

This was way beyond that. Jim knows this is a minefield he’s walking around in when he gets press questions about Buddy. But everything I have heard from him is measured and accurate. And for a person, who considers himself a fan, to challenge that on the basis of nothing is revolting.

Part of the problem I think is that the Press and the fans just are completely unused to and unprepared for an honest, no-spin assessment from a coach.

Where else do you get stuff like “Frank cannot get by people and when a team guards you that closely, you have to get by them.”

Instead of being interested or even grateful for the straight scoop, they are horrified apparently preferring the pap they get everywhere else.

JB is probably giving the audience to much credit for understanding the game. Anyone who watched Frank struggle against FSU could see he was ineffective. Did he go to the basket even once?

What’s JB tell the Press, Frank played great or his ankle still bothers him?

Well, you had me in a weakened state. The post by TBone really pissed me off.

At least I can see your point about JB and the Press, although I don’t agree with it.

This was way beyond that. Jim knows this is a minefield he’s walking around in when he gets press questions about Buddy. But everything I have heard from him is measured and accurate. And for a person, who considers himself a fan, to challenge that on the basis of nothing is revolting.

Part of the problem I think is that the Press and the fans just are completely unused to and unprepared for an honest, no-spin assessment from a coach.

Where else do you get stuff like “Frank cannot get by people and when a team guards you that closely, you have to get by them.”

Instead of being interested or even grateful for the straight scoop, they are horrified apparently preferring the pap they get everywhere else.

JB is probably giving the audience to much credit for understanding the game. Anyone who watched Frank struggle against FSU could see he was ineffective. Did he go to the basket even once?

What’s JB tell the Press, Frank played great or his ankle still bothers him?

I can't answer those questions. I'm at a loss for Frank. I don't believe he can't get by his defender, he did it at least once in the second half when he kicked the ball, and well, to Hughes in the corner. Hughes immediately threw the ball away for some reason.

I think Frank is afraid to try and drive, and I have no earthly clue why. It's not for fear of JB, he's been down that road too many times before to worry about that. I wonder if it's just a mental thing with him now.

he played 24 minutes. i hope he's ready. this wasn't spot time. he's moved into the rotation. not ready ?
designated deep threat was 0-6. jalen's not ready either. he played 1 minute.

Last edited:
he played 24 minutes. i hope he's ready. this wasn't spot time. he's moved into the rotation. not ready ?
designated deep threat was 0-6. jalen's not ready either. he played 1 minute.

He left buddy in for one reason, we were significantly behind. One hope was that we/he got hot from 3. I guarantee if the game had been a tight back and forth buddy would not have played 24 mins being 0-6.

He left buddy in for one reason, we were significantly behind. One hope was that we/he got hot from 3. I guarantee if the game had been a tight back and forth buddy would not have played 24 mins being 0-6.

Buddy was also in the game when we cut their lead to 1. Zero reason to change the lineup as it was our only chance.

I can't answer those questions. I'm at a loss for Frank. I don't believe he can't get by his defender, he did it at least once in the second half when he kicked the ball, and well, to Hughes in the corner. Hughes immediately threw the ball away for some reason.

I think Frank is afraid to try and drive, and I have no earthly clue why. It's not for fear of JB, he's been down that road too many times before to worry about that. I wonder if it's just a mental thing with him now.

"I think Frank is afraid to try and drive, and I have no earthly clue why."

The most likely reason is that, 1) he is scared of re-injury, or 2) he is not fully healed. I would not be surprised if, after the season, we find out that it is the latter. It would not be the first time that a college athlete tried to mask an injury. With the old Frank we would be a much improved team especially given JB's comments about Frank's lights out shooting this summer. Hopefully, Frank will come alive for the playoffs.

"I think Frank is afraid to try and drive, and I have no earthly clue why."

The most likely reason is that, 1) he is scared of re-injury, or 2) he is not fully healed. I would not be surprised if, after the season, we find out that it is the latter. It would not be the first time that a college athlete tried to mask an injury. With the old Frank we would be a much improved team especially given JB's comments about Frank's lights out shooting this summer. Hopefully, Frank will come alive for the playoffs.

Being that you're a doc (right?), that concerns me greatly.

Being that you're a doc (right?), that concerns me greatly.
Not a doc. Just a Maxwell Masters, but I slept in a Holiday Inn.
His under performance is either physical or psychological. It could be said that Hughes is taking his points but that would not explain why he no longer penetrates. He is a competitor. therefore, one might speculate that there is a physical impediment. I am scheduled for shoulder surgery to reattach a tendon. Doc says the recovery will take 3 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom