JB's Voided Wins | Syracusefan.com

JB's Voided Wins

The NCAA is an illegitimate organization. Programs that treat them that way get away with slaps on the wrist while laughing in the NCAA's face. Programs that treat them like they are legitimate get bent over and made examples of because the NCAA is desperate to appear legitimate and those programs allow them to.

The NCAA is an illegitimate organization. Programs that treat them that way get away with slaps on the wrist while laughing in the NCAA's face. Programs that treat them like they are legitimate get bent over and made examples of because the NCAA is desperate to appear legitimate and those programs allow them to.
Hey man, that's not in our wheelhouse

For me, above anything else, is giving the wins back to the university. Doing so, places us as the 5th winningest D1 program in basketball history, behind only the 4 traditional blue bloods.
I noticed that in the pre game announcement, Mr. Excitement no longer refers to us as the "seventh winningest program." I tell myself it is because I always stood with all five fingers up and screamed "FIFTH!" when he did.

Worth keeping in mind when it comes to conversations about tampering.

It's such a no-brainer, that the NCAA will undoubtedly do the wrong thing.

And for the record -- vacating wins is the dumbest, hands down the dumbest, penalty than the NCAA can impose. Let's pretend something that happened didn't happen.

Morons.

It's such a no-brainer, that the NCAA will undoubtedly do the wrong thing.

And for the record -- vacating wins is the dumbest, hands down the dumbest, penalty than the NCAA can impose. Let's pretend something that happened didn't happen.

Morons.
so if a chinese swimmer test positive for a banned substance they should still keep the medal ?
asking for a friend.

I have a dumb question, if a win is vacated from the winning team, is the corresponding loss reduced from the losing team?

In the case of JB’s vacated wins (and I think generally), no.

Can someone understand this for me? If Bush violated rules of the era, what difference does it make if those rules have since changed? Competition was versus others who ostensibly adhered to those rules—or, at least weren’t found to have violated them.

This is like changing 40 years of home runs to doubles because they recently moved the wall back.

What the university should have done is put the number of real wins on his banner they raised on JB day at the dome. Was disappointed that it wasnt on there. And for good measure i would have also thrown on there a middle finger as well. I need to be in charge of stuff like this

I don't know why there's such a problem with vacated wins. It's a penalty for the record books/history. If you competed in 500 games that your team won, and you violated rules, the 'record books' give you credit for winning only 450. Long after you're gone, that's your legacy. The only people who care about the 'other number' are that school's fans. It's a penalty, but it's a 'paper penalty,' and maybe still a deterrent. No, it can't take away the actual game experience for anyone who participated or watched—it's not a Men in Black device.

I don't know why there's such a problem with vacated wins. It's a penalty for the record books/history. If you competed in 500 games that your team won, and you violated rules, the 'record books' give you credit for winning only 450. Long after you're gone, that's your legacy. The only people who care about the 'other number' are that school's fans. It's a penalty, but it's a 'paper penalty,' and maybe still a deterrent. No, it can't take away the actual game experience for anyone who participated or watched—it's not a Men in Black device.
What rules are there now?

I think Wildhack and SU should pursue this. Not as a top priority but one that does deserve another look. UNC got off on players not going to class, Paterno’s vacated wins were restored, now Bush gets his Heisman back. The violations that resulted in the voided wins look rinky dink compared to what’s commonplace in college bball today.

What rules are there now?
Did i say there are rules now? I said the rules have changed. If you go from having rules to not having them, that's a change, no? If there are rules, i don't know what they are. I find the entire thing disgusting, stupid, anti-collegiate. My interest in the sport is waning, in the same trajectory as when Boeheim's Army was all us, and then it was like 25% us and 75% 'others.'

Not even sure why they call it NIL now, when the money being handed out seems to have no association to what the Name, Image, or Likeness is worth, and the payments may not mandate actual work or brand value. It's just professional free agency, without giving the teams any sort of security they should expect in the way of contracts. Bad for sports. And none of this has anything to do with JB's win totals...

Did i say there are rules now? I said the rules have changed. If you go from having rules to not having them, that's a change, no? If there are rules, i don't know what they are. I find the entire thing disgusting, stupid, anti-collegiate. My interest in the sport is waning, in the same trajectory as when Boeheim's Army was all us, and then it was like 25% us and 75% 'others.'

Not even sure why they call it NIL now, when the money being handed out seems to have no association to what the Name, Image, or Likeness is worth, and the payments may not mandate actual work or brand value. It's just professional free agency, without giving the teams any sort of security they should expect in the way of contracts. Bad for sports. And none of this has anything to do with JB's win totals...
Who won the 2013 NCAA title?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom