Jeff Brohm | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Brohm

I like Brohm a lot. My only concern is that he has been on a very quick trajectory. He has only 2 years of OC experience, and now on his second year as a HC. If the program was humming along and our HC left for greener pastures, I'd feel better about bringing in Brohm. But this job is a rebuild, and there is nothing on Brohm's resume that indicates program building skills. Doesn't mean he can't do that, of course, only that there is no proven ability.

He'll be going to a upper tier school.

Apparently, every possible candidate is going to an "Upper tier school". Brohm, Babers, Campbell, Herman, Fuente, Rhule, Rich Rod. We are a freaking P5 school. We gotta stop with this mentality. At least one of these guys should be available for us if we're aggressive and show him the money.

Apparently, every possible candidate is going to an "Upper tier school". Brohm, Babers, Campbell, Herman, Fuente, Rhule, Rich Rod. We are a freaking P5 school. We gotta stop with this mentality. At least one of these guys should be available for us if we're aggressive and show him the money.

Luckily the AD won't be influenced by that thought process.

Yeah, it's gotten comical.

It's a timely question, considering Jeff's offense would essentially mirror the one Louisville used yesterday against you guys. Speedy wide receivers, good skill position players. He has an eye for talent which surprisingly many coaches actually completely lack. With recruiting resources such as Cuse can offer and with much more than a passing respect for defense, Brohm would be a hugely effective choice.

Best post I have seen in a while! Preach on brother man! Last time I checked teams like Illinois Purdue, Rutgers and other definite or possible openings are big time teams. Can't see us getting Fuentes or Herman but why not on Campbell, Babers etc?

Yeah. I agree. We could never get a coach over Purdue or Illinois. People need to snap out of it. We can hire a good football coach. Geeez

What about the coach at Toledo? I think his name is Matt Campbell.

I think a young coach with some experience playing or coaching at the D1 level would suffice. And a new strength and conditioning coach too, they need some new strength training our team always looks smaller than every team we play.

Brohm is exactly in the wheelhouse for SU.

Agreed, if he's successful he moves onto an SEC type program in 3-4 years and leaves us with a solid foundation and hopefully some good memories. All you can ask.

Agreed, if he's successful he moves onto an SEC type program in 3-4 years and leaves us with a solid foundation and hopefully some good memories. All you can ask.
either an SEC program or Louisville...

Petrino, Leach, Briles (who really is on the Leach tree but whatever), Kelly, Meyer

anyone that comes from those trees will work for me. there are a lot of people to choose from there, there aren't enough factories with vacancies to take them all

it is Petrino...who knows he may engage the little brain again.

Indeed now that Pitino has screwed up the stripper/hooker benefits for athletes at Ville an SEC gig may be looking more enticing to Easy Rider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom