Jerami Grant Growth Spurt? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant Growth Spurt?

Nothing gets pages filled up like player height issues on this board. 12.4
Hey, I've thrown in 2 posts so far ... so I can't blame anyone. It's exciting news (if true) because, if he's ready to contribute, at 6'9 or bigger he could backup Rak at the 4 rather than being the #3 SF.

Unfortunately, with all the time we've spent responding to this thread, we could just have easily waited a couple weeks and checked this year's MBB roster or sidled into the Dome and asked CJ how tall he is.

So what was his response?
If you play the vid, Waters says he "made phone calls" on the subject. There's no answer, but there is some speculation that due to his lineage, he's the taller Grant brother (compared to his sibling at ND who's 6-5ish) with the height gene who'll continue growing.

This leads us ... no where. As I said upthread, it'd be easier at this point to shout the height question to him during warmups.

I only saw DeMatha play once while Grant was there. He seemed very raw offensively to me and not particularly physical in the paint. This was only one game however and I think he has improved a lot since then. I also noticed someone inserted him in the starting lineup next to Coleman and Rak which is amazing to me considering CJ Fair is still on the team. If Grant added a few inches that is awesome but I still see him to have a similar role to Christmas on last years team only he won't get to start the first 30 seconds of games. He is not going to be ahead of Coleman, Fair, Christmas, Southerland and he might split time with Keita.

I worked with JR. He's not as well-connected as many of the other guys in the media, and is more of a host-type than an analyst. He is pretty into recruiting, though, and could probably name the commits to all the teams in the BE off the top of his head.

Rothstein is a wanna-be, IMO. And he comes across as it as well. If you want to be a good journalist, at least the way that I have been taught, the picture cannot be 100% roses all the time.

With him, it's "Player X is going to be a star at School X next year.", or "So much Carmelo Anthony in Player Y.", or "Watch out for Player Z, he is the best Position A in Conference B." It's like he wants to suck up to certain programs and coaches, rather than tell it like it is.

That, or he has no clue how it is because he has no background in the game of basketball (Personally I think it's a little bit of both).

I like the idea of Waters "making some calls" on the subject. This should be a pretty easy thing to settle.

I like the idea of Waters "making some calls" on the subject. This should be a pretty easy thing to settle.
Didn't Jerami tweet himself that he is 6'-9"?

Didn't Jerami tweet himself that he is 6'-9"?
I believe he did. He also stated he was 6'9 during an appearance on a Syracuse radio show a few weeks ago. But kids his age shoot up overnight and he could very well be 7'8 by now.

I trust one of our players much more then the media. What does he gain by lying about his height? It isn't going to make him any better.

Measuring players height- stand against a wall without shoes on where the tape measure hits your head (not your hair) is where you stand. Its not like its caveman proof.

I trust one of our players much more then the media. What does he gain by lying about his height? It isn't going to make him any better.

Measuring players height- stand against a wall without shoes on where the tape measure hits your head (not your hair) is where you stand. Its not like its caveman proof.

This deep into a thread like this and you are still biting that hard??

Jerami needs to be careful; there is a maximum height for his skill set, and there is a cliff on the other side of the max:
jgskew.jpg

is this growth spurt the biggest unsolved mystery since ____?

A. Who the 2nd gunman was on the grassy knoll
B. What really happened to Billy Edelin?
C. who is the zodiac killer?

some more mysteries:

D. The Bermuda Triangle
E. Big Foot
F: The Lochness Monster

some more mysteries:

D. The Bermuda Triangle
E. Big Foot
F: The Lochness Monster

Big Foot is a myster no more, he was hit by two seperate teen age drivers in Kalispell, MT recently.

Big Foot

Rumor around the campfire is JB has talked to Jerami about his role on this year's team...allegedly JB told him that there is a logjam at the forward positions but that SU really hasn't had a solid Cat Rescuer since Sean Williams...thus, the growth spurt. Give the kid credit; he's finding his niche.