jerami grant is a baller | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

jerami grant is a baller

Yeah, that's closer to what I saw. And to be expected - every freshman wing comes in and fumbles around in the zone. Grant's raw.

But he's got remarkably long arms (makes South look like T-Rex) and should develop into another very good player. Wouldn't expect that to happen in the next six months, though.

Upon further review, I think he reminds me a lot of Warrick as a freshman. Maybe even a more coordinated version of Warrick.

He definitely has the potential to be really really good. and he is long as hell (hey now!)

*edit* i swear i didnt see this thread before posting this. http://syracusefan.com/threads/anyone-else-see-some-warrick-in-grant.35068/

Heard a report that Grant is so tall he tea-bagged the jumbo-tron last night. Any truth?

No, that means it's November. You can set your calendar by that statement.

No. JB was explicit that 9 guys would see the floor all season, not just pre-season games. Go watch it. The Olympic experience has changed the way he approaches his personnel. He wants this team to be every bit as deep and versatile as last years team was, which was one of it's major strengths. Last night our high scorer came off the bench. How many times did that happen last season? A lot.

Don't be so quick to dismiss JB's statement as mere hyperbole. He was serious. For this team to be successful, all 9 players need to contribute.

^^^^^^see my post above^^^^^^^

JB was serious.

Did u just meet JB?

He says what he wants, when he wants, where he wants... And means 1/2 of it.

Boeheim saying in novemeber that we are going to play deep this year reminds me of August college football forums: "this is a different year, our team really bonded at camp and practices have been going great. This is the closest team I've ever seen. Will bode well for our conference title run" -says the 6-6 in December team.

Grant has Warrick-style dunk chops...

Cooney has 2 walnut-sized objects removed from throat...

Coincidence?

I loved seeing Grant out there -- what an upside this kid has. It may take time as half of you noted, but once he grows into that (7') body, watch out. This kid has smooth written all over him. The offense isn't there, or the awareness in the zone. It's going to take some time, but I think he can contribute and it may be at the 4 just for rebounds and to give fouls, if nothing else. Grant is long and strong.

i didn't think so before, but now i think grant is going to play. probably at the expense of southerland or fair whichever guy is playing worse. grant has more upside than either of them.
Not happening. Not even close. Fair and Southerland are light years ahead of Grant.

Not happening. Not even close. Fair and Southerland are light years ahead of Grant.
light years ahead in november. yet grant is more talented and has more upside than either. maybe that is why we consistently win regular season but suck in march. lol, southerland has lit up teams forever, now you are acting like he has been a major contributor?

Easily 6'11 and the wingspan of a condor. Still growing too.

Did you notice that he was 6'7" in the first half and 6'8.5" in the second half? Since Thickburger is taken, his nickname should be Bamboo.

light years ahead in november. yet grant is more talented and has more upside than either. maybe that is why we consistently win regular season but suck in march. lol, southerland has lit up **** teams forever, now you are acting like he has been a major contributor?

South played very well last year and was outstanding in the tourney. Did you see any games last season?

South played very well last year and was outstanding in the tourney. Did you see any games last season?
James struggled shooting the 3, especially in BE games. But his overall play was an improvement. We need him to make 3's against better teams. He looked great the other night.

Jake, what about grant getting minutes at the 4 ... he's long and lanky and he can rebound. And Rak will need a blow now and then. (Obviously, CJ or JS could move over, but it's pretty nice having CJ at the 3 with his much-improved outside shot).

Also, JS looked pretty comfy at the 2, no? He defended well against a pretty quick team of mightymites, and went 7 for 8, with at least one block and no TO's.

I could see grant getting spot duty at the four in games where depth is an issue. His offensive game needs work. But he's a good defender with a high bb iq.

I love him as a player. But he needs seasoning, weight room work and reps. Anyone thinking he's going to replace CJ or James this year is going to be disappointed.

Still Rak, Dajuan, Keita working at the four is more important then Grant this year.
Hopefully hes ready to give us 7 plus minutes by march and CJ or Southerland can play alittle 2 by march.

Of the 80 forward minutes available I wish Grant would've gotten at least 20 a game this season, I hope he does from now on.

bump for my prescience
You don't get credit for this. JS was not hearing J Grant's footsteps. J Grant is getting time because JS is out. If/when JS comes back, J Grant will still see limited PT. The gap between JS and J Grant is still there.

Boeheim on Grant doing well yesterday: "We try not to recruit bad players" God I love his sarcasm.

Grant > Southerland

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom