Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

Im aware Red recently met with Jerami to discuss Nil along with reconnecting.

Is Jerami a proud alum? I know he had his share of grievances with the program when he left for the draft but was any of it significant? He’s a very low key guy it seems

Im aware Red recently met with Jerami to discuss Nil along with reconnecting.

Is Jerami a proud alum? I know he had his share of grievances with the program when he left for the draft but was any of it significant? He’s a very low key guy it seems

He did? Like what? The program was absolutely rolling back then and he was a perfect fit for it.

I know he was at the Dome for a game against FSU in either 16 or 17.

He did? Like what? The program was absolutely rolling back then and he was a perfect fit for it.

I know he was at the Dome for a game against FSU in either 16 or 17.
Recall numerous reputable posters saying he and JB didn’t see eye to eye about some stuff. Maybe I misunderstood?

Recall numerous reputable posters saying he and JB didn’t see eye to eye about some stuff. Maybe I misunderstood?
You might be right and I just don’t remember. I also spent way less time on these boards back then, so I might’ve missed it.

My understanding was there were things the NBA wanted to see him from, but they weren't compatible with what JB wanted from Grant as a winning college player.

Like, the 76ers didn't care about winning at all so they were like, hey, shoot some 3s.

No way Boeheim would have had Grant launching treys when he could dunk on everyone in college, for example.

My understanding was there were things the NBA wanted to see him from, but they weren't compatible with what JB wanted from Grant as a winning college player.

Like, the 76ers didn't care about winning at all so they were like, hey, shoot some 3s.

No way Boeheim would have had Grant launching treys when he could dunk on everyone in college, for example.
In hindsight - once Cooney’s jumper went cold for the season, it couldn’t have hurt. That Dayton game was just excruciating to watch. I think we made one shot outside the paint?

In hindsight - once Cooney’s jumper went cold for the season, it couldn’t have hurt. That Dayton game was just excruciating to watch. I think we made one shot outside the paint?
Near the end JB was too stuck on "roles", imo. He loved his combo guards but if you were a designated shooter, or rebounder, or passer, he wasn't keen on you doing much else. God forbid you tried to do more, it would be doghouse till further notice.

Near the end JB was too stuck on "roles", imo. He loved his combo guards but if you were a designated shooter, or rebounder, or passer, he wasn't keen on you doing much else. God forbid you tried to do more, it would be doghouse till further notice.
Either that, or he just couldn’t successfully recruit guys that were good at many things, any more. And if he did, they went pro or transferred before blossoming.

Maybe a bit of all of the above, and maybe there was a strong connection between all those problems?

According to Tyler Ennis in his podcast, he was shocked when Jerami asked him if it was true that he was leaving for the NBA and when Tyler confirmed that he was - Jerami said “well then I’m leaving too”. He didn’t say anything else other than his surprise because he had no idea that Jerami was even thinking of leaving,

That's actually really interesting.
It is. I’m kinda hoping he stays in Portland though. He played really well there, and Scoot seems like he’s possibly ready to be a day 1 impact guy. If he’s both able to fit in well alongside Dame, and take some of the load off him they could be pretty good.

It is. I’m kinda hoping he stays in Portland though. He played really well there, and Scoot seems like he’s possibly ready to be a day 1 impact guy. If he’s both able to fit in well alongside Dame, and take some of the load off him they could be pretty good.
Word is Dame wants out- doesn't want to be part of a rebuild. They can get some really good pieces to put around Scoot, who I believe will be a star from day 1.

Word is Dame wants out- doesn't want to be part of a rebuild. They can get some really good pieces to put around Scoot, who I believe will be a star from day 1.
Yeah, will be interesting to see what happens there.

If Scoot is as good as many are saying AND is ready to be good right away, they could actually be pretty good though?

Dame, Scoot, and Simons could be a great backcourt, then you’ve got Grant and some young and athletic wings who should be ready to come into their own(Thybulle, Reddish).

They could be a big guy away from being really good?

Yeah, will be interesting to see what happens there.

If Scoot is as good as many are saying AND is ready to be good right away, they could actually be pretty good though?

Dame, Scoot, and Simons could be a great backcourt, then you’ve got Grant and some young and athletic wings who should be ready to come into their own(Thybulle, Reddish).

They could be a big guy away from being really good?
Agreed. But are they championship level good? Put Dame on the "right" team, and they're instant contenders. I could see the Heat, Knicks, Lakers, Spurs(?) et al, all bidding for his services.
The Bucks bought in a veteran Oscar Robertson to usher in the Lew Alcindor era. Why not give up pieces for "Dame to San Antonio", and jump start the Wemby era?

Agreed. But are they championship level good? Put Dame on the "right" team, and they're instant contenders. I could see the Heat, Knicks, Lakers, Spurs(?) et al, all bidding for his services.
The Bucks bought in a veteran Oscar Robertson to usher in the Lew Alcindor era. Why not give up pieces for "Dame to San Antonio", and jump start the Wemby era?
Lakers don’t have the assets to bid for Dame

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom